Teams Mobile App: Wiki content not showing

Copper Contributor

Hi

I have installed the latest version of iOS Teams app. Wiki tab is available, but the content is not showing at all. On the desktop app everything looks fine. Any ideas?

Thanks

Michael

24 Replies
Ok. Interesting one.

1.) On the desktop, switch out and back in to ensure the content is saved to the wiki
2.) On the mobile app, switch out and back in to the tab
3.) If 1 and 2 don't do it, how about logging out the app and back in?

Look forward to hearing from you. Hope this answers your question

Best, Chris

@Christopher Hoard 

Hello,

We have the same problem.

On Ios device (tablet and phones) we can't open Wiki in Teams App.

We try to disconnect and connect with an other account. Same problem on the same device.

We click on Wiki but nothing happen.

It works on Android. The test was done in the same time so not a problem with refresh data on the wiki.

Would recommend raising to support in this case if the above workarounds do not resolve the issue! Hope they fix it for you

Best, Chris

@Christopher Hoard Having the same issue wiki content is not showing on ios (ipad or iphone).

Everything is up to date and have tried logging off and back on :(

Hi @barneynicholls

Again, would raise a ticket with support. This seems to be a persistent bug which will likely need looking into by the Team. Do any of the recommend actions above work?

Best, Chris
Hello,

In our last tests, it seems resolved.

Regards.

@MichaelOliv 

Still not showing on my apple mobile devices or anyone else’s within our company

My devices are

iPhone XS Max MT502B/A
iPad A1893

iOS 13.3.1 on both And teams is up to date

Wiki page show as no content

But displays on desktop version
How did you resolve it on iOS with your tests? Please advise

@Tech_2000 

We did nothing. We just test again.

Maybe an update on the device. We don't know. Sorry.

Same problem for me today.  On iPad and iPhone.  Used to work.  I just updated OS to 13.4 on both devices.  I'll try signing out and in again and will see if that helps.

Nope.  Still not working.  This happens to be a wiki on a protected channel.  If that matters.

Having had this problem myself and read this thread, it does seem to be another bug with protected channels. Created the same wiki for another channel with no difficulty.

@MtRAH 

I just experienced the same issue.  iPhone Wiki Protected Channel.

@MichaelOliv 

Hi,

Not with us.

We are testing Free Teams for the company, and Wiki is not available for the newest member, on any of the devices.

It refers to Office 365 admin which seems to be none (free account).

Any help appreciated.

Best,

Piotr

I'm happy to advise that as of today, the wiki tab is working on IOS devices. I no longer have the issue. Hopefully those who were in the same boat as me should also have their wikis on ios mobile devices work.

I'm hoping that the next update does not break it again as I noticed that after some silence updates, some things get fixed and some break

Let me be specific and advise you all that, it is fixed for my tenant only as I tested. Later on I tried on other tenant accounts (as I have access to them as an admin) and this is still an issue on iOS devices.

I'm having this issue as well. Both iPad Air 3 and iPhone 7 on iOS 13.4. Content on the Wiki on private channels don't show up on the iOS devices even though the tab exists.

Hello

in my case, i had to register my iPhone to my company's portal (Microsoft Intune) app.
After that, i'm able to see wikis content.

Best Regards
Stéphane
Back in Feb 2020, I am not sure what was the issue. But to this date, I found that Wiki does works on mobile (in my case iPhone and iPad); selectively.

It works (read-only mode) when:
1. Channel is not private.
2. Wiki tab was added via desktop client.
3. Wiki contents was added/updated via desktop client.

It doesn’t work when:
(It shows “It’s empty here” regardless whether there is content or not).
1. Channel is private.

I don’t see what’s the benefit of Microsoft doing it in such way, unless this behavior is different on licensed Microsoft Teams. I am currently on Microsoft Teams (free).