SOLVED

Teams Mobil Number and Teams Number the same

Copper Contributor

I have the following scenario, my user all have company cell phones and company cell phone contracts with Verizon and T-Mobil.

But they also have their office phone number provided through Teams Phone System.

The problem now is that all users have 2 Phone numbers.

When they call using teams it shows the Teams number, but when they call using their Mobil it shows the Mobil Number.

I know they can use the teams app to call out but that requires internet. I would like to know away (if possible at all) that when they use their mobile phone that the teams number shows up on the other side as the Caller ID.

Does anyone have a solution to this?

1 Reply
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@adminmq As far as I know, that is not possible. 

In Skype for Business on iOS, you could configure the app so that when you placed a call in the app, it would call you back on your mobile number to connect the call, so you could have calls coming from your SfB number without using mobile data. Unfortunately, this feature doesn't exist in the Teams mobile app.

Edit: I found a couple UserVoice ideas you can vote on if you would like to see this feature implemented:

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@adminmq As far as I know, that is not possible. 

In Skype for Business on iOS, you could configure the app so that when you placed a call in the app, it would call you back on your mobile number to connect the call, so you could have calls coming from your SfB number without using mobile data. Unfortunately, this feature doesn't exist in the Teams mobile app.

Edit: I found a couple UserVoice ideas you can vote on if you would like to see this feature implemented:

View solution in original post