SOLVED

Teams | Members of my class not getting email notifications for a meeting.

Brass Contributor

Hi!

My students do not receive automatic email notifications when I create a meeting for my class; the only way they get notified is by adding them one by one, which is very long.

What is the solution?

Thank you!

Chris.

4 Replies
They are working or adding soon the ability to invite Distribution groups to meetings, but I would suggest utilizing Outlook to create your meetings in the meantime, if they are channel meeetings you may have to create a channel meeting, then copy the join info and paste it into your Outlook meeting you send out.

But it kind of depends on the whole flow of the invite process and how many meetings you have to setup etc.

@Chris Webb 

Hi,

Thank you for your quick response!

Just to make sure we are talking about the same thing, here is a little video:

http://christianbelanger.com/share/teams/meeting.mov

0:00 - 0:09
This shows you how I create a meeting. When I do that, the people from my group "Vecto 2 – Groupe 1 (Vendredi)" don't get an email notification of the upcoming meeting.

0:10 - 0:24

This shows you what I have to go through so my students get an email notification of the upcoming meeting; I have 64 students.

That isn't normal, right?

Thanks again!

Chris.

best response confirmed by Chris_Calli (Brass Contributor)
Solution
It's currently a poor experience, and you have to basically unhide your students and have them go to the Outlook group and subscribe to notifications etc. It's really annoying. It's one reason I don't usually use Channel meetings.

Maybe setup the channel meeting, then go into Outlook and modify the invite, and add the students there so it sends the meeting link out to them. There isn't a way to just send it to the group itself currently in a forceful manner and the calendaring needs some work.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Chris_Calli (Brass Contributor)
Solution
It's currently a poor experience, and you have to basically unhide your students and have them go to the Outlook group and subscribe to notifications etc. It's really annoying. It's one reason I don't usually use Channel meetings.

Maybe setup the channel meeting, then go into Outlook and modify the invite, and add the students there so it sends the meeting link out to them. There isn't a way to just send it to the group itself currently in a forceful manner and the calendaring needs some work.

View solution in original post