SOLVED

Teams Meetings

Brass Contributor

I am continuing to run into a challenge. I create a meeting invite to talk to 4 others regarding a topic/challenge. When the meeting is done, I edit the meeting notes and upload a few files to the chat. When the 5 of us wish to meet again to continue the discussion, a new meeting invite for the same people is created, however it creates another "chat" with it's own files and meeting notes. 

Q) Is there a way to continue the conversation with the same people to keep it all together without having to create another meeting invite? The meeting invite is helpful as it blocks off time in my calendar, yet, it creates another chat and that accompanies it. 

Q) Since I have had a few of these happen, is there a way to consolidate the "chats" and their content?

3 Replies
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution
You got two options.

1. Use a reoccurring meeting instead of a single meeting. This will reuse the chat etc. Through the life of the meeting.

2. Have the meeting in a channel in a Team, you may have to create one for the purpose of the meeting, but having a channel meeting keeps the files in the fiels tab and the chat in a thread, just make sure to Rejoin the meeting in the chat or the channel to pick up where you left off.

As far as consolidating, no, there is no way to consolidate or migrate chats or any kind in Teams atm.

@Chris Webb Teams channel is not an option as this was for a small one month project where it wouldn't be prudent to create a TEAM with channels to resolve.

At the time the first meeting was created, it was not known that it would be reoccurring. In other words, we did not finish our conversation and needed to chat more. How would I return to the meeting invite to make it reoccurring?

The only other option is for folks to block off their own meeting time in Outlook and then have them return to the original meeting chat window and hit join. That seems clunky at best. 

Any other ideas?

You could take the meeting join info from the original meeting, save it, and then paste it into the invites you send out later. Meetings will expire eventually thou, not 100% sure on the days but it's like 60 or 90ish.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution
You got two options.

1. Use a reoccurring meeting instead of a single meeting. This will reuse the chat etc. Through the life of the meeting.

2. Have the meeting in a channel in a Team, you may have to create one for the purpose of the meeting, but having a channel meeting keeps the files in the fiels tab and the chat in a thread, just make sure to Rejoin the meeting in the chat or the channel to pick up where you left off.

As far as consolidating, no, there is no way to consolidate or migrate chats or any kind in Teams atm.

View solution in original post