Teams meetings (using Zoom/Webex/BlueJeans) and room equipment

Copper Contributor

We are looking at videoconferencing solutions - one of which is the Logitech Tap for teams.  Many of our customers use Webex, Zoom, and BlueJeans, so I need to see if Microsoft Teams can interface with those products.

They've all got Teams 'apps', but when launching a meeting it simply opens a web browser to start the conference call (I'm performing testing on a regular Windows machine).  Am I right in assuming that these can't be handled within Teams, therefore it is unlikely to work in a product such as the Logitech Tap?

4 Replies

Hi @Russell_Morris 

Currently we can use the Microsoft Teams and Teams Room System for doing a One Touch Dial Feature similar to any other vendor Meeting. It works similarly and the Teams Meeting is initiated instantly. What is the Video End Point apart from Logitech TAP.

With Regards,

Satish U 

Hi , Satish; thanks for your reply.

Our end-point will be other customer's conferencing solutions - but rarely MS Teams. 

@Russell_Morris 

Hi Russell - We too considered going the Logitech Tap, but found the experience cloogy and confusing for end users vs standard Team Meeting Room (TMR) interface. What's more, there was a subscription involved for the Logitech Interop and confusion licensing (per room or per user or per meeting?) that made us less-than-excited to use that solution.

The good news... is that Microsoft announced TMR ability to connect to Zoom/WebEx back at Ignite 2019. Check out the blog announcement here (It's near the end of #3). While we waited, we encouraged folks to join a Zoom/WebEx via their PC to share the content to the room, and dial in when possible. A bit cumbersome, but worked.

The better news is TRM connection to third parties has gone GA for WebEx and is in preview for Zoom. @Graham Walsh did a nice write up of enabling the Zoom piece here. You can also use the guidance for help setting up your WebEx piece. 

As far as Bluejeans goes, I do see a join custom URI option now on my TMR devices. I don't have a BlueJeans link (we rarely get them after the Zoom/Teams war started) but I might give that a go.

Either way, I definitely think the TRM experience is much better than the Logitech Tap Interop experience.

Hope this helps (albeit a bit late). 

@Jody Finch 

Hi Jody, and thanks for your reply.

We ended up going with the Logitech Rally bundle and using a PC to drive the applications, rather than the Tap.  Everyone has been quite pleased with it thus far.  We're going more teams-based in the near future so we'll definitely be taking a closer look at TMR.

Likewise with Bluejeans becoming less relevant over the last few months - almost everything has been Skype/Teams/Zoom.

Russell.