SOLVED

Teams Meetings Content Sharing with 3rd Party Room System Improvements Needed

Copper Contributor

Is Microsoft planning to improve the content sharing capabilities between the native application and 3rd party room system devices that join via a gateway? Currently, gateway connected room systems will only receive a shared screen or window content. As an IT Manager for a global enterprise, we have a substantial number of 3rd party room systems and it is not feasible to rip and replace all to be native Teams rooms. Users are regularly confused and complain about room systems being "broken" when they share PPT Live, MS Whiteboard, content from Browse OneDrive or Browse my computer because it won't show in the conference rooms that join via a gateway. The rooms aren't broken, in reality it is a MS limitation and it would be great if MS would resolve this. 

If nothing else, there should be meeting settings that allow administrators to turn off the "advanced" content share settings (PPT Live, MS Whiteboard, Browse OneDrive & Browse my computer) to ensure users have intuitive productive meetings with all endpoints that join. 

2 Replies
best response confirmed by Therese_Solimeno (Moderator)
Solution

@danhmr 

Whiteboard and PowerPoint can be turned off within the Meeting Policy in Teams Admin Centre at https://admin.teams.microsoft.com/ which should remove a lot if not all of that bottom section. You can apply this to the global org wide policy or to specific users with a custom policy. 

I have raised a feedback to disable presenter modes here

Ability to disable Presenter Modes · Community (microsoft.com)

As regards how to share PowerPoint if you turn the setting off? Simply share it via a window/screen which you have shown works :D 

Hope that answers your question

Best, Chris

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Therese_Solimeno (Moderator)
Solution

@danhmr 

Whiteboard and PowerPoint can be turned off within the Meeting Policy in Teams Admin Centre at https://admin.teams.microsoft.com/ which should remove a lot if not all of that bottom section. You can apply this to the global org wide policy or to specific users with a custom policy. 

I have raised a feedback to disable presenter modes here

Ability to disable Presenter Modes · Community (microsoft.com)

As regards how to share PowerPoint if you turn the setting off? Simply share it via a window/screen which you have shown works :D 

Hope that answers your question

Best, Chris

View solution in original post