Teams Meeting Time Defaults to 24 Hours When Using the Teams Add-in for Outlook

Copper Contributor

When creating a Teams meeting via the Outlook Add-inn, the time defaults to 24 hours. Can this be changed?

cndavis80_0-1585229785339.png

49 Replies

This is an annoying bug.  A work-around it to switch from Month to Week or Day view. 

This bug has been around now for over 12 months. There is absolutely no excuse why it's not been fixed, other than, whoever is in charge of teams/outlook bug fixing is incompetent and should be moved to office tea person.
I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this workaround yet, but use the New Meeting option instead of the New Teams Meeting option, then in the new meeting, click on Teams Meeting in the ribbon to change it to a Teams meeting. This way it keeps the defaults from Outlook.

Okay everyone, let's get this fixed.

In Outlook, on the Help tab of the ribbon, click on the Contact Support button. In the box that opens up, copy and paste the text below:

When I have the Month view of the Calendar open and I click on the New Teams Meeting button, instead of using the "Default duration of new appointments and meetings" from my settings like the "New Appointment" button does, the duration of the new meeting is 24 hours. This has been going on for over a year and is affecting multiple users worldwide as documented at https: //techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams/teams-meeting-time-defaults-to-24-hours-when-using-the-teams-add/m-p/1255643.

I came here to add my workaround as well.

1. Click "New Teams Meeting"
2. Tick the box for "All day"
3. Untick the same box.

Viola, same Start/End Date. Decent workaround until MS is able to add the default config settings.
I love the work around, thank you.

But it is totally disgusting that the first post in this thread was a year and a half ago ... and Microsoft still can't fix this bug ... that is pathetic.
Hi, Is there anyone getting feedback on this yet? I see that the issue was reported about 2 years ago.
It's a very annoying default, that I forget to change at least a few times a week, when scheduling meetings. @Pernille-Eskebo anything??
The proposed text exceeds the character limit for me in Contact Support. The following is almost the same with a few characters to spare:

When in Calendar Month View, New Teams Meeting defaults to 24 hours. https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams/teams-meeting-time-defaults-to-24-hours-when-...
After 3.5 years still no solution for this? OMG