Teams Meeting Reports With IP Addresses

Copper Contributor

Hi! I am trying to assist an EDU client of mine with a unique use case. For grant purposes they have a couple courses where they need to be able to pull reporting to reflect the IP addresses of the participants in their meetings. The client is shifting to 100% Teams, eliminating some of the shadow activities with Zoom. Zoom can currently meet this use case for them, so we are trying to help them identify comparable options in Teams to support the full transition. 

Is anyone aware of any reporting options either in the meeting or via admin portal that can include the IP information for the participants in addition to the standard meeting attendance reports?

4 Replies

@MishkaKpat 

Researching the same thing now.  Answer I am seeing now is "nope" via all logs via GUI.  Hope we find something , this is pretty standard info to collect.

@William382 I really hope we can figure this one out, maybe something in conjunction with PowerApps since it doesn't appear to be native? I don't know.. I will also keep researching options on this. Zoom can currently help them meet this need and we need to help them get Zoom out of the ecosphere since it's creating a whole shadow IT mess at this point and created barriers to adoption on Teams in general by keeping Zoom available even for a small group. I felt like we used to be able to get this with Skype Broadcast since it didn't require sign in to create an attendee list of sorts. 

@William382 I am told through another channel that there may be option to use Graph and the audit logs to create custom reporting for this need... I would like some confirmation on this option though before going too deep into the rabbit hole. 

@MishkaKpat 

Our new phone solution comes bundled with a rebranded Zoom (RingCentral), we moving over slowly.  We'll have both for a long time.  I always push Teams, but looks like I'll have to become semi proficient at both.  To be honest, I have more faith in Zoom atm, but I expect MS to continue fueling Teams Meeting app.  The app itself is pretty amazing.

Thanks.  Graph API is on my long list.