Teams meeting recorded split

Copper Contributor

Hi! I don't know if this has happened to anyone else. But I'm running virtual lunch and learns in my office that are about 20-30 minutes. I've run three sessions and 2 of the 3 recordings got split into two meeting recordings. It's not like Teams has a lot of complex settings so I'm not sure what's triggering it. The first one I think there is a gap from one recording to the other and the second one that split from what I can tell stops and starts very close together. 

It's very frustrating.. Any help?

1 Reply
Hello, when a recording stops a new is being created when hitting start recording once more. Difficult to say if this is happening due to a service degradation or if you perhaps haven't configured the Teams roles. With that I mean that not only the Organizer can start/stop a recording but also the ones having the Presenter role. You'll understand when looking at this https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/roles-in-a-teams-meeting-c16fa7d0-1666-4dde-8686-0a0bfe16...

So try making most of the participants Attendees. If you know this isn't the problem I suggest you reach out to the official support. Your IT admin can assist with that.