Teams meeting invite does not open in personal desktop account

Copper Contributor

Hi.

I have a business account and personal account set up in my desktop application of Teams. I often receive an invitation to a teams meeting via email. I click the link and it asks to 'download the app',  'continue in browser' or 'open your teams app'. I select 'open your teams app'. However even if I'm signed out of my business account and signed into my personal account, it ALWAYS opens the meeting using my business account. There appears to be no way to make my personal account the default either.

The only way I can get around this is by selecting 'continue in brower'.

Anyone know how I could use the desktop personal account?

Thanks

4 Replies
Yeah, I have the same setup and have experienced that too. The thing with Teams is that it will always default to the domain-joined account if possible, add single sign-on/modern authentication to that and it will be "messy". I run this script quite often just to clear things up, give it try and see if it makes any difference (a simple copy/paste to PowerShell). Only sign in with the personal account when completed.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/scripts/powershell-script-teams-reset-autostart
I'm having similar issues with my 2 Team accts, via my desktop app, for my personal acct and student acct.  Teams works great with the student acct (which I created first).  However, if I get an email invitation to join a meeting using my personal acct, Teams defaults me to my student acct each time when clicking on the "join meeting" in the email link. Even after logging out of the student acct and back into the personal acct the join meeting link still opens a 2nd session of Teams with my student acct. No luck either trying to access Teams via the web browser as it tells me to try again later.

@Rosy492021 I've almost same problem, Please do inform me via email about the solution to this problem. Thanks. 

This is still a thing, and it's frustrating. Default behavior should be that you join a Teams meeting with the actual account that was invited to it in the first place.