SOLVED

Teams meeting - End call when the organizer leaves

Copper Contributor

Good morning to all the community,

I need help and advises about Microsoft Teams meetings. 

We recently ask users to use Teams when they need to realize conference call.

However, we noticed that users in the Teams meeting can still speak when the organizer leaves. This is a functionality we would like to delete due to confidentiality.

• Is there a way to end a conference call when the organizer leaves ?

OR

• Does the organizer must do something in order to close the conference call in the meeting ?

Hope you'll be able to help us.

Kind regards,

SB.

24 Replies

@SB_AS 

Sometimes, I have to leave the meeting for a while and return to the meeting. So, the meeting should continue while I am away.

But a student sometimes organizes a meeting in a channel and I should be able to kill the meeting as the team owner. Even the global admin cannot end the meeting. That is the problem which should be solved.

@SB_ASI suspect this feature is not fixed because not fixing it results in more income.

In collaboration systems, there are generally two costing models:

- fixed price, pay one fee

- floating price/cost plus fees

Companies that offer fixed price tend to optimize profits by reduce costs.  For meetings, especially where telecommunications are involved, that means disconnecting participants at the earliest possible moment.

Teams is a cost plus model.  With the telephony enables, you are consuming credits for every minute a phone is connected.  In this model, the longer participants are connected, the more Teams makes.  Fixing the poor user/company experience would hit the bottom line for the profit center.

Its one of many issues in teams that is SUPER annoying and that other systems do pretty well.

Our issue is that a participant can rejoin the meeting on accident later in the day.  When this occurs, the Meeting attendance report (CSV file) gets regenerated with only that single participant info.

Our L&D team uses these CSV files to communicate out to attendees after a training has ended.  They DO have the ability to look at previous lists of attendees in the Attendance section of the meeting calendar item, however its been tricky for them to screen scrape the list in HTML, and make that useful data/recreate the CSV file format.

In theory, if the meeting host ended the meeting (and it was not recurring), then a new meeting report would not auto-generate - but does not appear to be a good way to do that.  Possibly, looking at using waiting room and Microsoft's upcoming ability to set co-owners of a meeting can solve this issue by not allowing any attendee into the meeting automatically - we shall see.

Once the meeting has ended have the organiser go into the meeting options and select Only me who can bypass the lobby. No one else will be getting back into that meeting :D