SOLVED

Teams meeting disconnecting every 45 seconds

Copper Contributor

whilst on Teams meetings, after a time (approx 60mins??), in a meeting I have set up in outlook with the "teams Meeting" button activated, my connection CONTINUALLY cuts out every 45 seconds (exactly??).
The meeting carries on (everyone else is still connected) but I have to rejoin every 45 seconds...
This is completely unacceptable and is now putting my whole project at risk and is extremely disappointing as we have recommended all other parties to use Teams but it now risking the whole project.
Does anyone have any advice??? Hs happened several times now
Many thanks
Dan

31 Replies
thank you so much! install the previous version has no more issue!

Isabella280@DanPrimrose   I am having the same issue. Isabella is my granddaughter doing virtual school. She has used Microsoft Teams from August up until 12 days ago. She can connect to the meeting but it only lasts 1 to 2 min. AT MOST....and she gets sicked off. She also gets a message NO INTERNET. Her teacher usually sees her logging in and tried to let her in the meeting but to no avail. She is doing her work on Clever as usual but cannot attend the meeting. Very frustrating for both of us. Can you recommend anything to remedy this situation? Thank you.

The same thing is happening with my granddaughter getting on Teams meetings each morning for virtual school. She has been off now for 12 days. She is getting her work done on Canvas, that works perfectly....but as soon as M. Teams gets involved, she gets kicked off with 1 minute. So frustrating and like you said, SUPER ANNOYING.
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

Hi Folks

I did a bit more research and spoke to a colleague of mine who's a tech guru, and he reckons it's possibly a VPN issue.

Our secure VPN at work encrypts the signals with high level security and then teams does the same so it might be that the encryptions are causing calls to be unstable.

Switching off the VPN did help with the issue and I notice now that the VPN is the only time when I get it (as far as I can tell).

So I suggest if you have to be on the VPN that's causing your call issues, then use a Teams meeting to host the discussion rather than a call as Teams Meetings are a different thing to Teams calls and are stable and don't boot you off.

Not a solution but that workaround has worked for me for a long time when I've needed it.

Cheers and best wishes

Damien

Hello, there's a "best practice" in that you should configure split-tunneling VPN so Teams traffic bypass VPN and directly go through the cloud for enhanced performance. Network requirements are detailed in the "Prepare your organization's network for Microsoft Teams" article and more info about the split tunneling can be found in the table below.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/prepare-network#network-optimization

We hade issues with desktop clients on the Office network, no VPN involved there..

Our problem has since then been solved "automagically"...

@Henric Appelgren Good to hear, but my response was to @Damien Rosario :)

Sorry, I thought I made a regular post in the thread!
CHECK YOUR VERSION OF TEAMS AND REMOVE ANY STORAGE DEVICES I AM USING TEAMS VERSION 1.4.00.8872 AND HAVE REMOVED EVERYTHING CONNECTED BY USB AND IT SEEMS OK
McroMag

I have been using MS Teams for 3 years now and I have AT&T U-verse. Last year when I started working from home I noticed my VPN connection would drop every few minutes for no specific reason. It became very challenging for me to contribute during our project meetings. I then went to work for another company that was using Webex exclusively and never experienced any connection issues. But recently my company started transitioning to MS Teams. After the app was installed on my laptop my connection issues were back. I cannot be in a 30 mins meeting without being disconnected at least twice. I believe there is something in the app that is causing my router to reset the connection. For now as a workaround I schedule all my meetings in Webex and make sure I kill all the Teams background tasks while I am in a meeting, but this is only temporary as eventually I will no longer have access to Webex. This has been really annoying and I wish Microsoft would investigate and come up with a fix or provide a recommendation for setting up my router.

If you set up your own meetings, I recomend using any other tele-meeting app OTHER THAN Teams. Teams has given issues for years. Not just myself, but the people I need to view my meetings. I was getting kicked off, and so were my attendees. Teams has proven to be garbage.