Teams meeting disconnect

Copper Contributor

From time to time our users experience disconnects when in meetings. The disconnect is frequent and usually occur anywhere between 20 to 60 seconds after joining. Upon reconnect they are able to stay connected for another 20-60 seconds.. We have experinced this issue with Skype online aswell before migrating to Teams. Sometimes it works fine for a month or two and then suddenly it happends again..

In attached screenshoot, we can se that the first meeting from conference PC 1 was working fine for 9 min. After that they had to change conference room and instead use conference PC 2 and every attempt to join the meeting ended up with a disconnect after 40 something seconds.. They even tried to use the call function instead but as shown on the screenshot, that failed aswell.

As seen on the second screenshot, the reason for meeting / call ending is "CallEndReasonLocalUserInitiated" - No idea why though, the user was in presentation mode and I was in the room when it happen, the user did NOT end the call..

After several attempts they gave up and postponed the meeting. I logged in to the same PC and had no issues connecting to a meeting and stay connected..

In the third screenshot we have another example from just a few hours ago..

We are running Windows 10 1909 / 2004 on all computers. Teams is auto upgrade and currently on version 1.3.00.21759

2 Replies

@Henric Appelgren 

This sounds like it could be a local networking issue.  Have you tried joining Teams meetings from some other locations to see if there are any differences, or does this happen no matter where the attendees are working from?

@PeterRising Sorry I missed to include that part, users have experienced this issue while working from home / different locations as well. If it only occured at other locations I would to have assumed network issues. But when the disconnect always happens within 60 seconds or less and both at office network and home I dont belive it should be an issue. Besides, shouldnt you see that in the "debug" in Teams admin?