Teams meeting audio interrupted by notifications

Brass Contributor

This has been posted before with no resolution:

How do I prevent notifications withing Teams from muting my audio during a meeting?

5 Replies
Put yourself in do not disturb status. It’ll prevent banners but it should prevent audio interruptions. IMO it probably should be an option somewhere. I’ll take the feedback to the Team ;).

@Chris Webb Thank you for the suggestion on this. I tried DND for a meeting today, and while it suppressed the message notifications, whenever someone was in the meeting lobby, the notification noise muted the meeting audio.

Yup that’s an annoyance you can’t get rid of right now.

@Chris Webb Any news on this issue? I'm also having issues when browsing the web, on sites with auto video playback 

@Chris Webb In Skype and in Teams - (Windows 10) any email notification or chat update for example mutes me and I have to LEAVE the meeting and return / rejoin.  In skype I get a yellow bar saying 'resume call' - I've put my sound/communications on MUTE ALL SOUNDS and for Teams I went back to the old teams - no separate windows.  Still happens.  I am very frustrated and do not know how to fix.  I am using Jabra Evolve 75