Teams Meeting app running in background?

Copper Contributor
Hi there,

I'm new to using teams meeting and I wanted to ask. I was in a Teams meeting with my boss who ended the call and shortly after I started a video call with my mother. When I ended the call with my mom, I found that the teams meeting app was still running (the app opened with the camera on me but I did not see my boss on). Does that mean my boss was able to hear my conversation with my mom? At one point during my video chat with my mom I did see a pop up for the teams meeting - it said something about continuing the call but I just dismissed the notification. The total running time was over an hour and counting but the actual meeting with my boss was only 30 minutes. If someone can please clarify whether two video calls from two separate apps can run at the same time or not that would be great!
2 Replies

@sluuu Hello, are you saying you used different Teams apps? If you're only using the desktop app for ex. and joining simultaneous meetings one will be active and the others will automatically be put on hold. But I'm pretty sure you can have one meeting in the desktop app and in the browser at the same time (different meetings) if that was the case here.

I was using Teams Meeting on my mobile during the meeting and then Facebook messenger video calling afterwards. When I ended the video call on Facebook messenger it showed that the Teams Meeting app was still on ( ie. the meeting was still running but I did not see my boss on - it was only my face showing on the camera, it wasn't a split screen that would indicate someone else was also on)