Teams Mac App No Calendar do I need Outlook

Brass Contributor

No clear answer in any discussion. I'm a Mac user, up-to-date OS. Have a Teams login.  MS365 account. I do NOT use or even have Outlook installed on computer. Is that why there is no calendar on my Teams app? I get invited to teams meeting. They are in my Google Calendar and iCal. When I click on link to join, I get sent back to a "sign up for teams" loop. I open my Teams app and there's no place to paste the invite. There's no calendar for it to be clicked on etc. So I don't get to attend meeting. 

4 Replies

@tomeegee 

That's the free version of Teams, it doesn't come with an email or a calendar, you should be ok to just click links from your existing to join a meeting.

What exactly happens, who is inviting you and how are they doing it? It could bde they've configured their Teams to only allow people with their logins.

Steven

Thanks @Steven Collier. I'll run through the process right now and trace the steps. 

1. Click on iCal invite from host

Get sent to first shared screen. 

Screen Shot 2021-02-11 at 8.44.33 PM.png

 Click on "Already have the Teams App" Launch it now... and get

Screen Shot 2021-02-11 at 8.44.52 PM.png

 No calendar. No "input meeting ID". No notice that the meeting won't start for another few days (I had to use another meeting in the future, but the result is the same). 

That's what I get.

@tomeegee if you go to the top left 'me' menu and sign out, then what happens?

Or if you open the meeting in your browser?

I c&p'd the invite into Chrome, same first window as posted.

I'm on a mac. The "me" I guess you're referring to is my account icon in the upper right. Signing out just leads me to a sign in or sign up screen.

I also tried pasting the invite in the teams search bar and got nothing.