Teams Live Events: Adding shared screen content to queue not possible?

Brass Contributor

Hi all,

I'm currently testing the Live Events in team and it seems that screen content that is shared by presenters cannot be added to the queue by the producer. 

Instead once a shared screen is live and another presenter starts sharing his screen this immediately replaces the active screen sharing content from the current presenter. The producer has no option to intervene or control what screen sharing content is sent live to the attendees. 

Is this a known issue or might this be a bug? I would normally assume that the producer is the one who decides what content is sent out live!

Thanks
Michael

23 Replies
This has been happening to us too. We've done 3 test runs now and nothing has changed. We did a live meeting in October and it worked fine. I'm desperate to find a solution.

@jverhaalen is there any solution? we just had a live event and the queue is useless making the producer irrelevant as he can not control the queue, whatever a presenter is sharing may replace the current active broadcast, this is frustrating.

@YBZ59  there is no solution supplied by Microsoft except to say that you can incorporate the use of Microsoft Stream https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWvnKmQPw8g 

Our solution: We have an IT guy who has all kinds of electronic equipment for switching cameras and screens. Additionally, we are going to have all the presenters provide their presentations to me and I will stack them into a single presentation so no one needs to "share" anything.  We are going to have another person on our team share video's as needed. That way all the machines and people sharing will be in the same room.  Our presenters (who are all over the country) will only be required to have their camera and mics on. We will run the PPT file locally. What a mess. I hope it works out OK. 

@layer9de  This is a huge flaw!  We were trying to do a dry run today for an upcoming webcast and realized that it's not working as it did during our last webcast.  The role of the producer, the way it's set up now, is that he/she does it all.  Previously, you could have presenters share their content and it would not take over the active Live event...you could queue it up and then send it live when ready.  Today, anytime a presenter hit the share button, it instantly put them in the live screen.  This happened even before we actually hit the start button to go live, as well as during the live testing phase.  

Additionally, my team needs to be able to poll the audience in the Live Event.  This still seems to not be an option without using a 3rd party.