SOLVED

Teams Live Event

Brass Contributor

We are GCC licensed (Office 365 G3), however some employees in our tenant are unlicensed
We want to create a live event as training for our employees. Of the three live event options:

• People and groups, we can permission all employees and then send them an attendee link, but is it true they need a Teams license to access?
  • Org wide, assuming everyone in our tenant would be able to access via the attendee link, but is it true they need a Teams license to access?
  • Public, guessing that ANYONE that gets the attendee link can join in, but if we are sharing trade secrets, this is not desired.

What Teams Admin setting, in addition to Live Event scheduling must be in place in order for all that receive the attendee link to have permission to access the live event as attendees, by either signing in with their Teams licenses or logging in anonymously when not licensed? Keep in mind some of our employees are on a "state network" and are may be prohibited from downloading applications. I have read so much MS documentation and some seem to contradict others. I feel like I hopped into 15 rabbit holes! Any direction or guidance would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

2 Replies

Hi @Annette1101   

You'll want to allow a public audience setting so that people outside of your organization can attend (you'll be issuing the attendance link to whomever you qualify).  Not sure if you've seen this doc (in that rabbit hole :) but this is from MSFT directly:   https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/MicrosoftTeams/teams-live-events/set-up-for-teams-live-events#:~:te... 

best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

Hi @Annette1101 ,

I played this out and just to confirm for the Select Users/Groups and Org Wide, the user will need to be licensed.

Thanks

Henry

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

Hi @Annette1101 ,

I played this out and just to confirm for the Select Users/Groups and Org Wide, the user will need to be licensed.

Thanks

Henry

View solution in original post