Teams Live Event - Queue screen fallover

Copper Contributor

Good afternoon,

We had our first Teams Live Event on Monday. The system worked, largely, well. However around half an hour into the event, as Producer I found that the Queue window starting to freeze up. I would select a source to Queue then click "Send Live." From the recording, I could see the that selection went live at the right time but the Queue window would then lock, with an updating circle in it. The previous source would still have the Live marker around it and the Send Live button was greyed out.

Two other Producers were also watching the call so I deferred to one of them to make the next cut, whereafter they found the same issue. The same then happened to the third Producer. By this time my system had unfrozen but it happened again to me.

The bulk of the event was a presentation which went smoothly however the problem became more acute during a Q&A where we cut between the main presenter and a Q&A moderator.

Why would this happen? Is there a clash when having more than one Producer view the Producer panel? Or is there a possible connection speed/server load issue which might've caused this problem? 

Kind regards,

Rich

6 Replies

@BaldRickB Teams Live event producer limit is 250. It may likely a connection or a service glitch
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/teams-live-events/plan-for-teams-live-events

Thanks for the info - I'd been looking into this question. However on the day we only had 7 Producers/Presenters in the Event.

We have since done another call and didn't experience the issue so I suspect you're right - something fell over on that day which may not happen again.

@BaldRickB 

We have experienced the same circle spin when queuing up the next person.  This has happened now 3 times over the last month.....including today a meeting with under 10 attendees.  There were not multiple producers and only about 6 participants.  Frustrating, as we had to reschedule the meeting.  We have successfully had Live events for over a year.....this problem is recent to us.

Any suggestions?

Hi,

Unfortunately we've had this maybe a dozen more times in the year that we've been using Live Event and we've never found an explanation. It seems to be random and can effect those on good bandwidth as well as those on poorer connections.

For any event we're organising now we put in two producers with clear roles of primary mixer and backup, so that the backup only takes over if requested.

Sorry I can't provide a solution or place to start but I think mitigation of side effects here is the key - have a backup producer (or two) ready to dive in.
The infra is getting better, and you should see much improvement after this week for the similar issue

@Susheel_Dogra   Thank you for the update!