SOLVED

Teams Live Event multiple presenters

Copper Contributor

Hello

I need to produce a live event with 4 presenters.   As a producer I thought I would be able to see each presenter's video and also their powerpoint presentation at the same time, i.e. they could all share their screens in the pre-live.  I hoped to then be able to queue presenters and their powerpoints as needed.  However, when the second presenter shares screen it fully replaces the first presenter's screen in the Live event - is there a way to avoid this?

If I have multiple presenters do they have to share their own screen but only at the right time in the event, i.e. when the previous presenter has finished??

Thanks

14 Replies

@rach80 Might be worth going through https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/produce-a-live-event-using-teams-591bd694-121d-405c-b26d-... 

And the Screen Sharing Section of https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/best-practices-for-producing-a-teams-live-event-e500370e-...

But either way you should certainly be able to Queue and commit to Live when ready, not sure how that works in terms of taking the content from another presenter though. Which could be more the issue you are having.

I initially thought it would be more you as the Producer, queue and commit to live and then a presenter steps in and presents on the content that is currently being delivered in Live.

If no one else steps in or you are still struggling, shout up and I will play out the scenario myself to see if I can come up with a solid answer or at least provide a conclusion.

Thanks

@HenryPhillipsNimbitech thanks for your reply.  I want each presenter to be able to control progression of their own presentation so it makes sense that they share it.  I just wanted to be able to queue their presentation so I could bring it up for them when they are ready and have introduced themselves via video, therefore saving them stopping their flow and sharing the screen whilst their video is live.

The problem seems to be that I can only have one presenter's screen as my content.  As soon as another presenter shares it then takes over any presentation that's currently live.

Just seems strange to me?  I guess the simple version of my question is how do I as producer see more than one presenter's content?

Thanks

best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@rach80 Well that was fun trying to simulate a live event with myself as producer and two demo accounts as presenters all from one machine :)

So I have come to the conclusion that the closest you could get to what you are after at present and would require all presenters to have a working web cam and video feed turned on. Is to Queue a presenter, send to live, queue content, with or without a video feed using the toggle, send to live and that would keep a continuous feed going.

To get the more preferable scenario, I have found the following user voice that I think fits the bill and has the most votes, so I would spread the word and get voting at the following: https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/38711833-queue-content-next-to...

It might also be worth keeping an eye on the Road Map at https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/microsoft-365/roadmap?rtc=1&filters=Microsoft%20Teams as sometimes Microsoft are already in the process of working on a desired feature, it is just a question of time.

Thanks

Hello Everyone,

I'm almost sure, that earlier i could ask to all my presenters to start sharing their screen (and so send one in live and having the others in the queue) and this is not possible anymore.

can someone who tested the live event at the beginning of the year can confirm that ? 

because right now, as you say : sharing the screen as a presenter directly replace the already in live screen, it can be really dangerous to do that...

and also, what is the purpose of the Procuder now ? he can just decide which camera is in live... not the presentation...so he is almost useless...

i'm so convinced that it was not like this before and that the things changed...

but i have to find someone who can confirm that.

before : Presentation and cameras in queue possible

now : only cameras in queue possible.

thanks.

@Darkira69 

I can confirm in my testing yesterday that you can't have multiple content items from different producers showing at one time.  I did the same thing you did.  use the single window to live, then go back and choose the dual pane, grab that live presenters shared content and send that live. 

i agree that i thought you could have more than one presenters content visible in the queue area along with the video feeds.  this process is really cumbersome and not intuitive at all. 

@Darkira69Yes, I agree with your observation.

Earlier in the year (June?) all presenters could share their screen so that I as the producer I could send one live and place another in the queue, then send it live when the first presenter was finished. As of October this is not possible anymore.  I also found that presenters now have ability to send their presentation live rather than simply sharing. The benefit of a producer role seems to be diminished.

I Initially has similar confusions but now it came clear after conducting several events.

To make it clear;

a. There is only one queue for the presentation ( content) for the whole meeting.

b. Once someone ( it can be any producer or any presenter in the meeting) starts sharing his/her screen or application, it is visible for any producer to select.

c. Once the producer select a layout that contain the "content" ( this can be either full-screen content OR dual-layout with one presenter video + content side-by side by side) and then producer sent it LIVE.

d. Once the content is up in the LIVE, any OTHER producer OR presenter can start sharing his content, then that LIVE contend  will TAKE OVER immediately without any intervention for producer.

Hope this is clear...

@rach80 Hey there - did you ever get any resolution on this issue.

I am producing my first event next week and everything is looking good.  My only worry is not being able to queue up the presentations to send them live as and when I need to.  The presenters being able to share these direct to the live feed doesn't make sense to me but I cannot find anywhere where there is a fix for it.

Let me know how you managed it, I have 1 - 6 hour Live Event, per day for 3 days - all with 12 presenters per day.

@JohnMcRI've not found a technical way of doing this.  We work around it by careful timing, training the presenters about the software limitations and what they need to do and using the host of the event to fill time between individual presenters.

i.e.  Appearing on screen (background activity)

Host introduces Presenter 1 (producer requests content from Presenter 1, Presenter 1 shares screen, Producer queues content)

Presenter 1 presents

Host recaps Presentation 1, introduces Presenter 2 ((producer requests content from Presenter 2, Presenter 2 shares screen, Producer queues content)

Presenter 2 presents

etc.

For presenters who really can't get this, someone else hosts their deck of slides and they have to say "next slide please"

@redgloss @rach80 @JohnMcR @NickK890 @LoreenKatz @Darkira69 @Miloshe
@HenryPhillipsNimbitech 

Hi you can have multiple presenters on screen at once and make it much easier to have interactive panels and presentations. If you want to learn more and see this working please contact me.

We producer for corporates this functionality using MS teams.

See example MS Teams event with a discussion panel here on my linkedin

https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6786288262706163712/

We can also provide remote clickers over the internet to presenters. So you don't have to rely on presenters saying Next Slide....

kr Ian

@rach80 - We had the same issue and never were satisfied with any of the workarounds - so we made NextSlide. Its a platform agnostic app that lets presenters share control of an uploaded deck. www.nextslide.io. Hope this takes care of the problem for you! 

@AECAST 

What are you using to have multiple presenters on-screen during a MS live event? 

Hi @amangeles
With teams and teams live we make use of the NDI output feature. This sends 9 seperate peoples camera outputs per teams connection in a meeting. The NDI outputs is then received by the studio software we use call VMIX. See vmix. Com. With the studio software you can then arrange the video outputs from teams seperately in various screen setups for panel discussion etc and also manipulate those on screen with ppt presenting or switching people in and out to appear on screen at a tou h of a button as well as play videos direct into teams with great sound.
To sending back from the studio software is simply using the studio output video send as your webcam. In Teams standard you can spotlight this or teams live set as the main video output. In both scenarios teams manages the sound. The studio software also records the full output in higher quality for sharing editing.

Hope this helps any questions please ask and let me. Know if you like a demo I can show you over a Teams meeting

My email is ian.cook@aecast.com

Best regards
Ian

@AECAST can I just check was the multiple presenter view you are showing done in Microsoft Teams Live?

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@rach80 Well that was fun trying to simulate a live event with myself as producer and two demo accounts as presenters all from one machine :)

So I have come to the conclusion that the closest you could get to what you are after at present and would require all presenters to have a working web cam and video feed turned on. Is to Queue a presenter, send to live, queue content, with or without a video feed using the toggle, send to live and that would keep a continuous feed going.

To get the more preferable scenario, I have found the following user voice that I think fits the bill and has the most votes, so I would spread the word and get voting at the following: https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/38711833-queue-content-next-to...

It might also be worth keeping an eye on the Road Map at https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/microsoft-365/roadmap?rtc=1&filters=Microsoft%20Teams as sometimes Microsoft are already in the process of working on a desired feature, it is just a question of time.

Thanks

View solution in original post