Teams issues

Copper Contributor
I was invited as a guest to a team i then setup an office 365 essentials account now i lost access to that team and can’t get reinvited

I tried inviting them to my team but i dont have ability to add external users

Can someone please help
5 Replies
Hi!
Can You describe What happened in more detail?

Hi @Stuart_Bennett ,

Can you get them to re-invite you? Thats the only way to get back into their team if you have lost the invite or somehow removed yourself from their team.

If you want to invite them to your Team then you will need to have Guest access turned on in your Office 365 tenant :-

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/MicrosoftTeams/manage-guests  

It is off by default. 

Hope that helps. Andy

I was invited to a team at that time i was on g suite

I have since moved that email address to office 365 essential plan and now I no longer have access to the team i was previously invited to

The person who invited me sent me the links to the teams but when i click them it says the team / channel has been deleted or i no longer have access

So I thought i would try to create my own team and invite the others to my team but they are external users and my account wont let me invite external users

Hi @Stuart_Bennett ,

So initial you would have created a Microsoft Account and now you have an Office 365 Account. The account in their Azure AD will need to be deleted and they will need to invite you again. 

See here  - https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/540f7268-e7ec-4df2-842b-f9bcc4660263/how-to-convert-b...

Yeah, Andrew is on the right path, although I don't think you created a Microsoft account since I think some google accounts can fed. Either way, it's most likely tied to one of those accounts and needs removed from their tenant, and another invite sent so you can accept it form the proper account.

You could also check logging into Teams with incognito with the account and see if you are prompted to login with a personal or work account and try picking the personal account which may get you in on that account. But since you moved from gsuite, i'm thinking your google account went with the swap so might be what the issue is there.

Anyway, removing and accepting on new login will fix you up per Andrew most likely.