Teams iphone App Notifications with two accounts

Copper Contributor

I have two accounts connected to my iphone Teams app.

One account shows notifications that are not there. 

I've toggled the clear app data.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app.

I've cleared chache on my desktop app for the account that is showing false notifications.

I've turned notifications off in settings.

It seems to have tiggered when I changed my password, but not sure if that is a coincidence.

Any suggestions? 

11 Replies

@KylieLRogers also - I do have the Microsoft Authenticator app on my phone- not sure if that affect this issue.

@KylieLRogers this is happening to me as well and driving me crazy.  I have 2 customers on my phone too + my work account and I can never tell if they actually messaged me or if it's a bogus notification.  90% of the time there is nothing there.  It is very frustrating.  Did you ever resolve your issue?

I have the same issue, did you solve it?

@KylieLRogers  this is happening to me as well. Wish they had a fix.

@KylieLRogers More or less the same here with multiple accounts (x2 work and x1 personal):

When something arrives - I get all notifications on personal account instead of account which is really got something.

I have the same issue.

@Pernille-Eskebo, any chance to fix this issue ? It has been 4 months it is reported.

Same here. When I then go into the other (client's) account there is no new message or activity. When I return to my main account the notification is gone bit appears again after a while.

I assume that it has something to do with the settings of the client account as I e.g. cannot see or reply to a chat of meetings after the meeting has ended. The notification is never higher then 1, though unless somebody really sends me a message.

really annoying!

@KylieLRogers 

All I think I resolve it on my iPhone. I had many voice message not deleted in the App (people leaving me voice mail) after deletions if was back to normal (no notifications)

@DyG90 

Not quite the same solution, but I went into the offending account, into Calls (which I don't use on that account), tabbed through 'Speed dial', 'Recent', 'Shared Lines', then went back to the other account. The numbered badge disappears.