Teams invite thru Outlook not working

Copper Contributor

I am unable to invite anyone to a Teams meeting thru Outlook.  In the Calendar icon, I can see the teams blue icon, and I always load Teams 1st before Outlook, but as soon as I click the Teams icon, I receive the following message.

‘Sorry, you need to sign out of Teams and sign in again before you can schedule your meeting.  If the problem persist, please contact your support team’.

I have reloaded several times and also have rebooted many times.  I have windows 10 and Office 2016 and I am out of options to correct this  H E L P   """  914-260-6208

3 Replies
Hello, it sounds as if you're using a personal subscription here? If that's the case the Teams meeting add-in in Outlook won't work I'm afraid (it's not supported).

@ChristianJBergstrom ....................Thanks much Chris - I logged for 3 of us techies - about 6 hours of disabling all start-up apps from my machine and clearing all cache ........................appreciate it very much................I will again uninstall and see if the up version is available.  But hindsite says that Microsoft is out for  $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I have the same problem.
I think the reason is that I use the FREE version of Teams. I use Office 2019 and the Teams app is not part of that package. To get the pro versions of Teams I understand I must buy the Office 365.
Was hoping a work around would be to import Outlook contacts to the free Teams app and invite direct from Teams. That is not possible. Probably deliberately blocked by Microsoft.
I do not like to pay a subscription on Office 365 and my next hope is therefore Office 2021. I am not sure yet if Teams is included and can sync with Outlook in the new Office 2021.