Teams invite from external not showing join button on MTR console (Using Safe Links)

Brass Contributor

We are having issue in our company where we are receiving Teams invites from a federated partner but the invite is going through Safe LInks in Microsoft Defender which is modifying the Teams invite URL. When this is sent to an MTR system the Join button does not appear.

On the Teams desktop client we can resolve the meeting and join with no issue so it's just the MTR that has the problem. I know we can set some rules in Safe Links to bypass this but I have hit a bit of a roadblock with our security teams around this.

Ideally it would be good if the MTR could negotiate this the same way as the Teams desktop client. Has anyone come across this before?

Thanks!

7 Replies

@justinbliss did you ever make any progress with this?

We are running into a similar issue. Same as you SafeLinks is not the problem and it works fine on anything other than a Teams Meeting Room account. Very odd.

@AdamReid101 

Yeah, we sorted it but the MTR app also got updated to recognise when Windows Defender has intervened.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/rooms/rooms-release-note#48190-04062021

Teams meetings join link parsing now handles Microsoft Defender Advanced Threat Protection Safe Links to allow joining external Teams seamlessly

I would just double check that your MTR accounts have been set up correctly with calendar processing etc

We are seeing the same issue with our Teams Meetings Rooms. Were you able to confirm that update 48190 fixed the issue and does not require any changes to URL Safelink policies?
We had already put the changes in place before Microsoft pushed the fix. I no longer work at that company so I cannot check unfortunately but I have had reports that the update fixed the issue.
I appreciate you replying back. I will have access soon to check the MTR rooms to see if they have the update or are using an older version. Have a good one.