Teams invitation to join another organization can't work properly

Copper Contributor

Hello experts,

I am facing problem in MS teams inviation. I do the following steps, but the other side cannot join to our organization.

1. Create new Team

2. Invite user by mail address to new Team

3. Mail was sent

4. When click the link(or button) in mail, error occurs and, the user cannot join to our organization

***error show very prompt at the browser, so cannot read the content cleary. It seems permission restricted.

Please hlep me on this problem.

1 Reply

Hi @ThazinMDCR 

If you're experiencing issues with users not being able to join your organization in Microsoft Teams after receiving an invitation, there are a few potential causes and troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. Check invitation settings: Ensure that the invitation settings are correctly configured. When sending the invitation, double-check that the user has been invited to join your organization and not just a specific team within your organization. Verify that the invitation includes the necessary permissions for joining your organization.

2. Verify user email address: Make sure the email address to which you sent the invitation is accurate and valid. Confirm with the recipient that the email address is correct and that they have access to it.

3. Check organization settings: Review the settings and policies within your organization's Microsoft Teams admin center. There may be specific settings or restrictions in place that are preventing users from joining. Check if there are any organization-wide settings that need to be adjusted or if there are restrictions on external access or guest access.

4. Resend the invitation: Try resending the invitation to the user. It's possible that the initial invitation was not delivered or was blocked by the recipient's email filters. Resending the invitation can give them another opportunity to join your organization.

5. Verify recipient's access: Ensure that the recipient has the necessary permissions or licenses to join an external organization in Microsoft Teams. If the recipient is using a personal Microsoft account, they might need to upgrade to a Microsoft 365 subscription or verify their account to access external organizations.

6. Test with different recipients: If the issue persists with a specific user, try sending invitations to other users to determine if it's an isolated problem. If other users can successfully join your organization, the issue might be specific to that user's account or setup.

7. Contact Microsoft Support: If the problem persists and none of the above steps resolve the issue, it's recommended to reach out to Microsoft Support for further assistance. They can investigate any potential account or organization-specific issues and provide you with more specific guidance based on your situation.

Remember, these steps are general suggestions, and the troubleshooting process may vary depending on the specific issue you're encountering. Contacting Microsoft Support or your organization's IT support will provide you with more accurate and relevant guidance based on your situation.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved

If you like my response, please give it a Like :smile:

Appreciate your Kudos! Proud to contribute! :)