Teams integration with Office365 is lackluster

Copper Contributor

I started using Teams back in January because i really wanted to move and centralize work comms, it made a lost of sense (still does), especially that i've been using Office365 for many years.

My main gripe is: It won't let me use my existing office365 account (Mainly OneDrive storage) from within Microsoft Teams , which is a major let down since most of my work docs are already on OneDrive, yet i still have to reupload , and even buy new storage although i have 1 TB available on my Office365 account.

cross sharing data and storage across between Teams and my existing account was one of the main reasons i was hooked on Teams, i am losing interest now since it's feeling like a 3rd party app really now.

Is there  a solution ? am i doing something wrong or is the product actually built in this way to live outside of your office365 eco system ?

Appreciate your replies in advance.

TKS

SE

1 Reply

@shadieideh I am not sure of what You mean but if Your organisation is using Office 365 and Microsoft Teams and You have a user account thats the one account You should use in order to access Microsoft Teams, OneDrive for Business, SharePoint, Yammer etc. Perhaps you are trying to use Your personal OneDrive that is related to your personal Microsoft Account? That does not include those services.

Hope that explained it.

Regards, Magnus