SOLVED

Teams incoming call dialog in background

Copper Contributor

Hello,

We work in Citrix fulltime in fullscreen mode. Teams is installed locally on the computer. 

For the past two weeks we've noticed a change in Teams. In the past the Teams incoming dialog would pop in front of everything. However this is no longer the case.

We can hear that there is an incoming call.

When we switch from our full screen Citrix windows to the local desktop we see the Teams Window, but the incoming call dialog is not visible. The only way to answer it is to ALT-TAB.

Can we change the behavior to bring back the dialog to the front? Or to make it visible in the task bar?

With friendly regards,

21 Replies

@IngeniumGwen Ich habe das gleiche Problem wenn ich mit anderen Anwendungen (z.B. Remote Desktop) im Vollbild arbeite. Bis vor kurzem kam der Dialog zum Annehmen des Anrufs noch automatisch in den Vordergrund, was sehr angenehm und hilfreich war.

Viele Grüße,

@IngeniumGwen This is also happening for one of our clients. All users are affected. They are using RDP. There is not a problem when using other software, e.g. WhatsApp.

I would appreciate a response from Microsoft on this matter.

@IngeniumGwen 

Hi, wir haben gerade das gleiche Problem... Habt Ihr den Fehler finden können? Seitdem wir das Teams Update 1.3.00.28779 installiert haben, funktioniert die Overlay Funktion nicht mehr. Wenn Citrix (VDI, RDP) im Vollbild läuft, sehe ich nur, dass mein Headset blinkt, dass Fenster ist im Hintergrund leider.. 

Hi, we're having the same problem... Did you find the error? Since we installed the team update 1.3.00.28779 the overlay function doesn't work anymore. When Citrix (VDI, RDP) is running in full screen, I only see my headset flashing, the window is in the background.

@AlexanderWojtchek We still have this annoying issue :(

Any news about this?,  I have same problem.  

@carlosbmc 

Ich habe dazu ein Call bei Microsoft eröffnet. Bisher wurde die Service Anfrage (Ticket) angenommen. Microsoft will jetzt intern prüfen, ob das Problem bekannt ist.. Bisher keine Lösung unsererseits.. :( 

Auch mit der neuen Teams Version besteht der Fehler leider..

I have opened a call to Microsoft for this purpose. So far the service request (ticket) was accepted. Microsoft now wants to check internally if the problem is known. So far no solution on our part... :( 

Also with the new team version the error exists unfortunately.

I am also having this issue. Started happening a couple of weeks ago.

Also using Citrix, but Teams pop-up appears behind everything outside of Citrix as well (have to minimize down to desktop to answer call).

I presume this is a bug with the latest Teams update. I hope they will fix this!

Same issue here and still not fixed. Really annoying bug. 

:cry:

Update on this; I raised this with Microsoft and they are pushing out a fix in an update between now and next month.

Here is the behavior we are seeing:
Normally, you get the incoming call pop-up ON TOP of any windows open on your main monitor.
On a remote session, you will not get a pop-up over the remote session.
If you collapse the remote session, the incoming call pop-up is on your main screen, but it is NOT ON TOP.  If you have another window covering the lower right hand corner, it will hide the incoming call pop-up. You will have to minimize that window to see the call window underneath.  You could also <alt-tab> to switch to the incoming call.

@CSC_KC 

Auch mit der neue Teams Version 1.3.00.34662 (64-Bit) gibt es leider das Problem. In der neuen Version kann die Benachrichtigung auf "Windows" umgestellt werden. Leider ändert dies nicht das Verhalten. Laut Microsoft soll es ein Update zu Windows 10 zusätzlich geben. Langsam geht mir das Thema an die Nerven!

Also with the new Teams version 1.3.00.34662 (64-bit) there is unfortunately the problem. In the new version the notification can be changed to "Windows". Unfortunately, this does not change the behavior. According to Microsoft, there should be an update to Windows 10 in addition. Slowly the issue is getting on my nerves!

@AlexanderWojtchek also ich habe die Option in der neuesten Version auch erst gar nicht:

fudgi_0-1612195989383.png

Und ja habe die Version geprüft. Das Verhalten geht mir langsam auch richtig auf die nerven. Wenn jemand anruft muss ich immer auf dem Handy schauen wer es ist, damit ich weiß wo ich es annehmen kann.

well apparently version 1.4.00.914 (64-Bit) fixes this problem finally. Unfortunately this version isn't distributed through the automated updater. But i provided the link.

@fudgiI have version 1.4.00.2879 2021-02-05 but its still the same problem.

@KristapsEM yea, newer versions aren't working anymore (again). When Teams updates to this version automatically, i always downgrade to the version 1.4.00.914

@KristapsEM 

I could in the version 1.4.00.914 (64-bit) make the settings in Windows that I am notified. in the new version, this unfortunately no longer works and I get in a VDI session also no notification. this has been really badly solved by microsoft

@fudgiLet's see how fast M$ will fix this in GA version.

@KristapsEM 

https://statics.teams.cdn.office.net/production-windows-x64/1.4.00.4045/Teams_windows_x64.exe

I have found a "solution". In the version 1.4.00.4045 can be set via the Windows 10 setting Teams about the notification. See screenshot. In version 1.4.00.4167, unfortunately, this does not work. What is the difference between these versions?

Teams-Noti.PNG

Is the problem still in the newest version? I still use the 1.4.00.914 version. But I ofter get the automatic update.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

Just tested the newest version from yesterday 1.4.00.65531. Works like a charm

View solution in original post