Teams - how to prevent students download and remove teams meeting record in SharePoint

Copper Contributor

Hi everybody, I have a problem with Teams. When I, as a teacher, record a meeting, I can see the recording in the conversation. I can open it in SharePoint and I can remove or download it. Are there any admin options to prevent the students from downloading and deleting the recording? Thx in advance. 
image.png

3 Replies

@jakubvysoky Hi, this is actually being released very soon! And it's a good change as the default permission pretty much is "read" today.

Block Downloads for Teams meeting recordings on OneDrive and SharePoint

Microsoft 365 Roadmap | Microsoft 365

As for the permissions this is how it works right now, meaning depending on what type of meeting the permission will change.

Permissions or role-based access

Use OneDrive for Business and SharePoint for meeting recordings - Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Docs

Teams channel recordings are stored in Teams SPO Site Doc library:
Doc Library > General > Recordings
If you "stop inheritance permissions" on Recording folder then change the "Members" permission level to "Restricted View" from "edit" (by default) then it should work.
students here must be added as members of the Teams channel which I guess would be the normal case.