SOLVED

Teams Guest users

Copper Contributor

Hi everyone

I have enabled my MS Teams feature to allow adding of external guest users to communicate within teams with users within my company.

Problem is when a guest is added to a team, they don't seem to be able to make calls or share attachments (sharing can only be done if the person from within the company initiates a call to the guest user via 'meet now'. in this way, the guest can access the conversation after accepting the call and has the feature to share attachments available).

Does anyone know if this is a MS restriction and can be lifted for selected guest users or it's a default that cannot be changed?

Thanks

Rocs

2 Replies
best response confirmed by Rocs09 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Hi!
For calling I’d suggest checking the guest access settings in teams admin center.

Regarding guest file sharing in chats and private meetings this is not supported. Also due to this is handled with OneDrive

Adam

@adam deltinger Thanks for the input!

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Rocs09 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Hi!
For calling I’d suggest checking the guest access settings in teams admin center.

Regarding guest file sharing in chats and private meetings this is not supported. Also due to this is handled with OneDrive

Adam

View solution in original post