Teams Groups

Copper Contributor

I have 5 or 6 teams that I apply tasks to various colleagues on. I don't however receive an email from teams to let me know when it is updated / comment is made but I need to - as do my team members. Can someone please help with this? Please give literal direction - I am not very good on computers so a how to guide for dummies would be brilliant.

Thank You

3 Replies

@ChristianBergstromthank you. 

I have however already looked at both of these pages and I am still unsuccessful in getting the notifications through. When I do onto the outlook desktop - browse groups - the groups are not there to add to my desktop and receive notifications. 

I have changed the settings to receive all notifications as per the below links but I am still not receiving them. Surely it shoudn't be this difficult - I dont know where I am going wrong! 

The planner I have on the teams is also not green - it is purple and called tasks by planner.

Can you offer an idiot guide as the linke below are seemingl oto complicated for me! 

Hi, just follow the guidance. They actually tell you step-by-step, use the second link. It's normal that you don't see all the groups within Outlook and that's why you should either go directly to Planner website or from Teams, either way, in the top right corner in Teams you have the globe icon and "go to website" as described in the guide.

Also, "Tasks by Planner and To Do" is the new app name so noting wrong there.

Now I can't assist any further, you have to figure it out with your colleagues. But I agree it should't be this complicated to set up which notifications you get or not. Good luck!