teams group meeting not calling all members in the team.

Copper Contributor

Hi. we have some users whom doesn't get called up or can be called from the team admin
but when adding these people to a stand alone group it works. 

so say we have 25 people total in the team, and all should have a meeting. only 20 of them gets called up and the same 5 are exluded for some reason. 

anyone encountered this issue with teams? 
as far as i know it's not the amount of people in the team, as it should be able to hold way more than we are atm .

any hint would be much appreciated.

2 Replies

Hi,

When you call in a Team do you start a meeting in a channel then? It should not call them, just notify that there is an ongoing meeting in the channel that they can join.

If you create a Group Chat (in the Chat app from the left menu) with more than 20 participants audio/video calling should not be available. 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/limits-specifications-teams

If you have more than 20 people in a chat, the following chat features are turned off: Outlook automatic replies and Teams status messages; typing indicator; video and audio calling; sharing; read receipts.

Can I just add to this that I have recently been told of an issue with Meet. We've traditionally used 'Meet' for ad hoc meetings - the organiser goes in, clicks Meet and then calls up whoever they want to include from within that Team - now when you click Meet, it automatically calls everyone in the Team. This definitely hasn't worked like this before, has a setting changed or have we missed some exception in the setup? Sorry to jump in on the original query but it sounds like the same thing.