Teams Group Conversation Group ID

Brass Contributor

We have a Teams app which is installed whithin a specific team. The app needs the group id of the team to add some members. Graph has an api to enumerate all the groups in the tenant, but I don't want to do that. Is there any way to get the group id of the team to which the app is installed to?

4 Replies
Hi,

Should be able to do this through the graph explorer

https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/graph-explorer

Login and if you are a member of the team the query ‘My joined Teams’ should give you the ID.

Takes about a minute to get it.

Hope that answers your question!

Best, Chris

@Christopher Hoard Calling 'My joined Teams' will give me the list of all the teams that I'm part of. I don't want that. I want the group ID of the team to which my bot is installed and running.

Thanks - I may have framed that wrong.

I meant here that if you know the team and are a part of it then using that query in the graph explorer will list the team Group ID, together with Team name.

Hope that makes sense

Best, Chris

@Christopher HoardThat's exactly my problem. As a user of the Teams App I could see physically which team I'm running the bot from, but how do I get the team name from within a bot. My bot could be running in any team at a given point in time. I'm looking for graph api that could tell me the current group ID, the conversation is taking place. I'm exploring the Teams context within the bot framework. May be that could give me a clue.