Teams glitch when exiting lobby

Copper Contributor

Hi All, 

I've been having some issues recently when joining calls when I have to access the meeting via the lobby.

When I'm in the lobby there is no issues. However, the meeting owner would then approve my admission to the meeting & my teams will glitch. The glitch causes a teams restart, I see the glitch error and I also lose access to both my speaker & microphone.

Initially I couldn't get through the lobby at all but I've changed some settings on team for device access & cleared the cache where appropriate. Since this, it's gotten a bit better but not solved. Now, if I go right back into the meeting after this issue, I can get through the lobby perfectly fine (but I have no camera, speaker, or mic). These eventually come back after a few minutes, so I can finally hear the meeting & respond to those in the meeting.

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening? 
Any help would be greatly appreciated

5 Replies
Hello,
I guess the same thing does not happen from Teams Web, right?
Do you get any error id?
What happens if you try to enter without the camera?

Hi @Andres Gorzelany 

I've never used Teams web, only the application. usually when asking a meeting and teams web pops up it redirects through the app anyway. 

There's no error code shown, the message is usually something along the lines of 'there was a glitch, we have restarted and should be ok to go' on a bar at the top of my teams app. 

Same thing, it doesn't matter how i enter the lobby. Once the meeting organizer accepts me into the meeting, my screens 'blink' off and on & my teams is already in the process of restarting. 

It's very odd I have to say 

Can you give it a try from Teams web? To try to understand if the issue is limited to the Desktop version?
Hi Andres, Sorry for taking some time coming back to you. This happens on both the web and app version of teams. After clearing the cache again, I can get through the lobby but my camera, mic and speaker all cut out still.
Hi Andres.

Issue has now been resolved. We found the issue was an update breaking the audio driver on my laptop. We had to uninstall & reinstall, problem is now fixed