SOLVED

Teams Free - no files, no OneNote, no attachment, no Wiki

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I've signed up for Teams Free using my outlook.com email (I'm Office 365 Home subscriber) but my Teams is limited to chat only.

I cannot upload any files, I cannot add OneNote, I cannot attach file in chat. Tab "Files" cannot open.

Have been searching for an answer, contacted support number of times - I'm getting different answers.

17 Replies
best response confirmed by Christopher Hoard (MVP)
Solution
There have been other people as well having these issues! As Teams service are having some problems this will probably sort itself out

Adam
Still same issue?

@adam deltinger  - issue has been resolved!

Thanks!

@stiopicz@adam deltinger i have the same problem but in 2 day it isn't resolved :(

Same problem here...

@adam deltinger 

Actually, for some reason I still can't change team picture - see attached.

After few days.

Hi @adam deltinger,

Got the same problems, the files tab is unavailable and no files can be dropped in any type of conversation (channel or private chat).

Can you help ?

Can’t do much unfortunately more than I’ve raised this with Microsoft and they are aware of it

I've created a Teams free site a week ago, and still cannot upload files or use the wiki. I noticed one guy in this thread getting it solved. How did that happen?

I do understand in these COVID-19 days there must be a huge load on Microsofts backend. And of course the free users stand furthest back in line (that's only fair). But do we have any clue when this will be fixed? Are there any sites where we can follow the progression on the issue?

In advance thanks :)

Thomas

Hi @adam deltinger 

Still doesn't have access to the Teams storage (sharepoint.onedrive) with my Teams free. Can someone help around at Microsoft please ?

With the pandemic going around, I fear to be forget as a free user.

@adam deltinger, any advise how I should raise issue with Teams picture upload to have it resolved?

Thanks a lot!

Just an update on my issue with Teams Free. It's still not working. We still get the "We can't get your files, We're working on getting them back", when going to files tab on any team/channel. It's now almost a month ago I created the Teams organisation.

I did reach out to Microsoft via the "feedback" link. But i've heard nothing.

I can see that several have experienced this issue. From other treads I hear explanations like provisioning errors. I do agree to that.

Many have fixed it by deleting their Teams organisation, and creating it from scratch again. This will definatly fix the problem, but then all the valuable work will be lost. And that will be a pity.

@adam deltinger , You seem to have a lot of insight here. Is deleting/recreating the Teams organisation the only way to go now? Or is there some other solution where I can preserve the data? Microsoft do not respond. I do understand it's not supported, as it's free. But it's still a product Microsoft offers. It's ok that free users gets send furthest back in line, but at some point Microsoft should reach out.

Kind regards Thomas

I'm having the same issue. I use MS Teams for the small organization my friend and I, rescue animals in Wuhan, China. We can't afford to pay for MS Teams so we have a free version. I can't upload any files :(

I hope this problem gets resolved soon.

I am having this same issue. I cannot attach files or add tabs or apps. How was it resolved?@stiopicz 

Hi @elizabeth10, no idea how and who fixed this for me, but shortly after I've raised this issue here it was resolved. Not everything although, still can't upload Team picture for example.

ok, well I hope it resolves for me too, i don't want to have to delete the whole team! Thanks for your reply

@elizabeth10 The issue have not been solved for me. I've have written several "Feedback" messages to the Microsoft support team , but they haven't answered a single one.

I'm beginning to give up on this Free Teams. It seems the only option is to delete the Teams, and create it from scratch again. But we have alot of valuable posts and threads, which I really would hate to lose.

I first reported the issue back in late march. And unfortunately we still can't attach files or use the WiKi.

So I'm sorry to say... don't get your hope up too much.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Christopher Hoard (MVP)
Solution
There have been other people as well having these issues! As Teams service are having some problems this will probably sort itself out

Adam

View solution in original post