Teams free installation after teams use

Copper Contributor

I can not get teams free desktop app to allow me to make video calls or login correctly.   I can only get my desktop to work as a guest in other teams, I can not create my own teams / channels to make video calls.  I have a valid Office 365 HOME subscription that works fine.

During installation of Teams Free I am asked "It looks like this email is used with more than one account from Microsoft.  Which one do you want to use?  Work or school account created by your IT department OR Personal account Created by you."  both reference my correct and only email address xxxx.xxx@company.com.  I also get a message "Welcome to Teams! Select a Teams org.  The options are New invites Self (Guest) and Your orgs in Teams yyyyyyy (Guest)"  I don't have the option to use my own account.  Self (Guest) is from my wife's team.  yyyyyyy (Guest) is a team  I joined  from a large international Microsoft customer as a guest - all the features for a guest work. 

I have had myself removed from all teams I am a member and uninstalled and reinstalled teams several times.  My email address is a company format email address.  xxxx.xxx@company.com.  I can log into accounts.microsoft.com to manage my subscriptions.  I am the only person in the "company" so the company only has this one email address.  I have been a participant in teams video conferences from other companies.  Using my wife's email address and the same Office 365 Home subscription I can add teams free on her computer.  She can invite me to a team and I can join it and video call between our computers. 

Now when I log into the web version of teams, the "teams" screen has a working circle that just keeps spinning.

The first thing I did with teams was join as guest to the yyyyyy team from a large company.  The IT department from yyyyy team help me for 2 hours but could not help.  We were thinking my account was somehow being controlled from their teams. 

0 Replies