SOLVED

Teams free gets only 3 moths trial

Copper Contributor

Hi, I signed up for MS Teams Free but as i see i got only MS Teams Free trial for 3 months.

I tried with 3 different domain mails, but situation is the same for all of them - all got 3 months MS Teams Free trial 

Are you all getting this type of trial for MS Teams Free or someone using it longer than this?

You can check your license  at admin.microsoft.com as you can connect to it with your ms teams free global admin account.

the problem with trial seems similar to https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msteams/forum/all/edit-it-was-a-bug-which-is-fixed-teams-free-is...

4 Replies

@IT_admin_kl Hi, I've been using my free org. for like 18 months and have no end date. I've seen this before though (3 months expiry) and then it was a bug so not sure now. Perhaps @Sam Cosby knows?

best response confirmed by ChristianJBergstrom (MVP)
Solution
Hi there - earlier this year, we introduced a new expiration policy applied to Free tenants solely for the reason of tenants that get left unused. If you use the tenant within any timeframe/span, your license will auto-renew automatically. This is mainly for folks who create a tenant as a test, then forget about it!

@Sam Cosby Ah brilliant.. thank you very much for your reply :)

Thank you, we will see how that trial will change at 2022-02
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ChristianJBergstrom (MVP)
Solution
Hi there - earlier this year, we introduced a new expiration policy applied to Free tenants solely for the reason of tenants that get left unused. If you use the tenant within any timeframe/span, your license will auto-renew automatically. This is mainly for folks who create a tenant as a test, then forget about it!

View solution in original post