Teams for personal use

Copper Contributor

Hi, setup Teams for personal use from a IOS IPAD client.
The setup procedure require a phone number so I enter my mobile phone account as I do for other online account.
I use my Outlook.com premium account to setup Teams for personal use.
I successfully logged in the Teams App. 
Since then I kept receiving alerts regarding my account. I'm repeatedly asked to confirm my phone number and confirm I still the owner of my own phone number.
I use this phone number for other older Hotmail accounts, and I have to face the same symptoms.

It's look like Teams for personal use had hijacked my phone number (new identity in the Teams tenant ?) and "removed" it from all my other MS Account.

I kept confirming my phone number for my two other hotmail accounts and my outlook premium account. My fear is to be locked out my own account after too may "configuration error" regarding
my phone number.

I cannot log in the Teams web Client.
I removed the Teams apps from my IPAD.
With no success so far.

Regards Georges.

3 Replies

Hello @odrade75  This may be one of those occasions when you might not want to wait for community members to chime in.  I would suggest copying and pasting your post to our Answers.Microsoft.com tech support site.  Or you can try our Office support site.

Hi Ms Solimeno
I post my request to answers.Microsoft.com.
May be I'll get more success.
For now I cannot get rid of this issue asking me to confirm ownership of my phone number.
Regards Georges.

@odrade75   Since this is in preview is is available with the latest version of IOS or Android Mobile.  The Web and Desktop version that will allow personal teams use will come later.  I am also wanted to use Teams Personal, but only with my Hotmail.com account.

Kerry