SOLVED

Teams File Sorting

Copper Contributor

A group of users on my team are having a reoccurring problem where the files are un-sorting from the selected Newest to oldest modifier in the teams file browser every time they exit the tab.

If some assistance could be provided on why this is happening and if there is a solution to so that would be great!

Thanks. 

2 Replies

@cciancio2000 

Afraid this is a long standing issue. Not sure if this would be classed as a bug by Microsoft or they just haven't built it. 

Other users asking for the same thing:-

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/33066940-file-tab-doesn-t-rest... 

Also doesn't help that you cannot create a view (default is All Documents)  to do this as the view the user chooses is also not remembered. 

best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution
It's not really a bug, I would say by design it does not work as we could expect. What I would recommend here is just to create a default view that have the order required
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution
It's not really a bug, I would say by design it does not work as we could expect. What I would recommend here is just to create a default view that have the order required

View solution in original post