SOLVED

Teams - Enable API disappeared in Settings [Elgato Steamdeck]

Copper Contributor

Hi there

I have an Elgato Streamdeck and it was great to read a Teams Plugin was available.

The instructions say you need to enable the API in Settings > Privacy which wasn't initially there but after a running a Teams Update it appeared.

techDavidWright_0-1675637023629.png

What is weird is this setting has now disappeared and the Plugin is locked.

Quitting Teams and opening it again seemed to make the API setting appear but it's disappeared again!

I've reset my Teams Cache (Deleted it) and that hasn't fixed it. 

[EDIT]

I've also checked in Teams for the web and the setting isn't present there either.

It doesn't appear to be a policy setting (I haven't checked if one exists) because it was there. 

My Teams version is 1.6.00.1381 (64-bit), so the latest version so I'm not sure what's going on. 

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

D

18 Replies
Same here, and I just ordered a Streamdeck because of this feature. The setting was present on Friday, and gone today (Monday).

Same here. Ordered the stream deck on Friday and just pulled it out of the box. Can't find the Teams plugin in the store.
best response confirmed by techDavidWright (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@techDavidWright, apparently there's a security issue that required the plugin to be pulled according to Elgato Support:

"The Microsoft Teams plugin has been temporarily removed from the Stream Deck store.

Microsoft is working on fixing a security-related issue and will relist the plugin once the issue has been resolved. Thank you for your patience."

https://twitter.com/ElgatoSupport/status/1622334420064833536

D.C.

P.S. I don't work on Teams; I'm just another follow user who ordered a Stream Deck because the plugin was released.

Thanks @dennisdietrich.

That's a shame. I do have the plugin but maybe Microsoft have pulled the 'Enable API' feature from Teams as well while this is fixed.

- D

@dennisdietrich it looks like they put the plugin back in the store on Feb. 27, 2023, but it does not appear to work. I was able to enable and retrieve my Teams API key, but after putting it into the Teams plugin for Streamdeck, the shortcuts appeared to do nothing at all.

@MT--- I just tried it and it worked. It copied some extra characters at the end of the key so I had to delete them, but once the key field showed a checkmark everything worked.

It's great to see it's back and working!

I love it! Let's hope they add more buttons soon (I notice the 'Record meeting' button has gone since the initial release!)

- D
The manage API settings are missing from Teams for me as well. Checked it's the latest version but no sign of them :(

@techDavidWright 

After trying to set up the Stream Deck plugin with Teams I finally worked it out.

As of 27 April 2023, the personal / small business version did not work for me at all, as when clicking on settings, privacy, there was no Third-party app API option. 

However:

I have used my School or Work app (obtainable from https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/microsoft-teams/download-app#for-desktop)  and then click on the three ... 

API 0.png

Click on Settings

API 1.png

 Select Privacy which opens the below and click on Manage API button in the  Third-party app API menu.

API 2.png

The first time you access this setting you will see the Enable API disabled, toggle the option on

API 3a.png

You will then see the following with your unique key

API 3.png

Copy the API token to the clipboard and then paste it to the Stream Deck plugin where you have added the teams selection:

davidmmorris_2-1682601084351.png

You should now be able to access all of your options in a Teams session.

I hope this has helped.

@davidmmorris 

not working, after cache clears, full reinstalls, and reboots.

M2 MBP running MacOS version: 13.3.1 (a) 

Teams version: 1.6.00.11156

@PMM00 @davidmmorris 

Same problem on my end. Any resolution?

@michaelmagruder 

The preview and developer views break the API settings.  The new preview "New Team" is missing the API - but even if you revert to the "old teams", and your API settings come back, it doesn't work. 

I found that if you go to "about" and can see "developer mode" - particularly if it's ticked - but I found that it was impossible to untick it! - then the API doesn't work. (actually in the background it reports an error that the "API is disabled" 

The thing that helped the most was this post https://github.com/L-C-P/TouchPortalTeamsPlugin/issues/1#issuecomment-1603856454

along with googling "can't switch out of developer mode"

Once I'd disabled the previews on the Teams Admin site, waited a day or so, then relaunched teams, all was well again. looks like the preview or developer modes have got a disabled API (potentially to avoid undetermined exploits) - though it would have been INCREDIBLY helpful if Microsoft had actually mentioned this somewhere (ya know, like in the API enable/disable dialog!!!)

In any case mine is working after managing to revert out of all preview/developer mode features. Happy Days

It would be great if the API will be available in the new teams.
As now more and more Aps show up, maybe there is a chance for the API as well.
Maybe someone from Microsoft give us a hint.
I

@SteveH-NZ 
Do you have any information how this should work?

ThomasHuth_0-1698072070029.png

The menu 3rd party API is not present in my Teams version

ThomasHuth_2-1698072273368.png

@ThomasHuth , @SteveH-NZ 
Same here,

Teams Versions

• Teams 23272.2707.2453.769.
  • Client è 49/23092912310.

Elgato Versions:

• Stream Deck: 6.4.1.19697
  • Teams Plugin: 2.0.27

webartoli_0-1698328750951.png

Probably the best hints will be appear on this discussion

Using the Native Elgato StreamDeck Integration with Microsoft Teams

@webartoli @SteveH-NZ @ThomasHuth 

Confirmed new teams client is missing the third-pary API settings - also attempted to enter the API key from Teams classic into the View Diagnostics Data which did not work. However when i toggle between the classic and new teams client, the Teams plugin works when using classic and locked on new client - did find that I sometimes needed to exit stream deck and reopen when switching

StreamDeck: 6.4.1.19697

Teams Plugin: 2.0.27

New Teams: 23272.2707.2453.769

SteveMacNZ_0-1698955015097.pngSteveMacNZ_1-1698955231575.png

Hey..
Thank you for the post. I did everything as you say, but the box where i have to put the API token in MS Teams is not there. I can only put a Title, but not possible to input the API token. Any idea why?
Thanks!
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by techDavidWright (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@techDavidWright, apparently there's a security issue that required the plugin to be pulled according to Elgato Support:

"The Microsoft Teams plugin has been temporarily removed from the Stream Deck store.

Microsoft is working on fixing a security-related issue and will relist the plugin once the issue has been resolved. Thank you for your patience."

https://twitter.com/ElgatoSupport/status/1622334420064833536

D.C.

P.S. I don't work on Teams; I'm just another follow user who ordered a Stream Deck because the plugin was released.

View solution in original post