SOLVED

Teams Email Not Showing

Copper Contributor

I'm trying to help roll out Teams for my company, but I'm running into an issue with the email integration. I have the email integration enabled in the Teams settings, but when I check the settings for a team or channel, I don't see the email address option. Is there an additional setting somewhere I'm missing? Right now I have the coexistence mode set to Islands, but would that need to be different for this to work? I looked online and couldn't find any help for this, so I thought I would ask here. 

Thanks,

Teams.PNGSettings.PNG

4 Replies
best response confirmed by A-A-Ron321 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Hi @A-A-Ron321

Ok! Let's go through a few things

1.) Have you just enabled that in the Admin Centre? Could be propagation (may take 24 hours)
2.) Are you the owner of the Team? Cases has surfaced on the community that the Team owner needs to select Get Email Address for members to be able to view it
3.) Are you using Exchange online?
4.) The underlying SharePoint site folder hasn't been deleted or renamed?
5.) If you are the owner Can you see this if you go to the Team, select ellipsis next to the Team name (...) > Manage Team > Channels > Select Ellipsis (...) > Get Email Address
6.) Does it show in the web app or the mobile app?
7.) Have you logged out and in after turning it on in the admin centre and clearing your cache?

Let me know how you get on?

Best, Chris

Hi @Christopher Hoard 

1.) I enabled the Email Integration setting a couple days ago. 

2.) Yes, I am the owner of the Team.

3.) Yes, we use exchange. 

4.) No, the sharepoint site is still active 

5.) Unfortunately, no. I have the same options shown in the original screenshot listed.

6.) I've checked both web and mobile, neither show email option.

7.) Yes, no difference unfortunately.

I have to believe there's a setting or policy somewhere I just can't find. If it were a bug, I would think there would be other reports about it somewhere, but it seems i'm the only one to have this issue.

Thanks,

Aaron

@Christopher Hoard 

I take that back. I went through and cleared the cache again and signed back in after reading your post. I now see the email option in the settings. So looks like that's all that was needed. 

Thanks!!

Aaron

This was set up for my Tteam's Channel however not all members of that teams channel is receiving the e-mail directly in their inbox. Have you ran into this issue? If so how did you troubleshoot? Apologies if this is not the route to post questions.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by A-A-Ron321 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Hi @A-A-Ron321

Ok! Let's go through a few things

1.) Have you just enabled that in the Admin Centre? Could be propagation (may take 24 hours)
2.) Are you the owner of the Team? Cases has surfaced on the community that the Team owner needs to select Get Email Address for members to be able to view it
3.) Are you using Exchange online?
4.) The underlying SharePoint site folder hasn't been deleted or renamed?
5.) If you are the owner Can you see this if you go to the Team, select ellipsis next to the Team name (...) > Manage Team > Channels > Select Ellipsis (...) > Get Email Address
6.) Does it show in the web app or the mobile app?
7.) Have you logged out and in after turning it on in the admin centre and clearing your cache?

Let me know how you get on?

Best, Chris

View solution in original post