Teams DR, call settings (forward my calls) are randomly lost in multiple tenants

Copper Contributor

We are having different customers where our customer are using the (forward my calls) setting in the Teams settings, call tab (see screenshot). You can enable a forward rule (to call group, to delegates etc.) and the rule is working fine, but randomly set back to "Call rings me". This is across the board on multiple users and tenants. This happens quite often (couple of hours or sometimes days), but it only affects users randomly. Anyone facing that issue too? We are using Teams in multiple languages.

We have compared the tenants and have not found any real pattern to identify the cause.....so it's either randomly or a glitch in O365 Teams client, but this is a real pain as we use many call groups.

2 Replies

@Christoph Schochwe encounter this issue as well. For our case the issue seems to appear if the user were to sign in to a separate client Eg. sign in to Teams on another desktop client or IP Phone. On this new sign in the call forwarding settings are seen as default settings and does not seem to sync from the settings set previously. From the look of it the new sign in seems to override any call forwarding settings previously set.

@eddieadam 

Hi, it's known bug and it's currently being fixed by Microsoft. The settings are lost when you log off, as long as you don't log off from the Teams client and stay in it won't happen. But there is nothing more you cant do about it. If you need a workaround in case you have Teams users that are "unpersonal", e.g. a phone number/account that is not used by a real person but is needed to serve for a call group or similar, just write me a mail. 

In case you want to escalate with Microsoft Support you can mention the following ticket numbers:

#14965540 #15281224 #15067342. The fix was promised to be ready within 4 weeks (said in beginning of July), but they told me last week that it's not yet ready.