Teams doesn't launches when autostart is enabled

Copper Contributor

We are facing some issue with Teams when the autostart is enabled.

william_remago_0-1642147970871.png

After the PC reboot the Teams is opened and you can see several of Teams.exe processes running.

But if I open a meeting link (e.g. Click here to join the meeting) it simply doesn't opens. Despite this issue, you can open manually from tray.

3 Replies

@william_remago Maybe you have something wrong in the association that allows the browser to open Teams. If using Edge on Windows 10 try looking for the Default Apps, then at the bottom Choose Default Apps by Protocol. Look in the list on the left for MSTEAMS and see if it's not associated with anything.

I would also imagine that uninstall and reinstall would put it back.

actually they are 2 irrelevant things:
1, this "auto" means if app will auto start after system boot, which a lot of settings could control this behavior, you can google this, I learn it from book "windows internal"
2, if meeting link could be opened by app depends on "protocol", even the app is not running, if the protocol is right, app will be forced to start.
2.1 you can check them in "settings"-"apps"-"default apps", by app or protocol,
2.2 you can check them under register-HK class root as well, the "msteams"/"ms-teams" protocol(same effect with 2.1)
2.3 even after that, you can't use a work account to open a personal meeting link, if personal one could open work one depends on policy in this org(work link will contains "teams.microsoft.com", personal one contains "teams.live.com")
2.4 that's basically what I know about this function, besides that, need some troubleshooting
I can replicate the same issue.
If I disable auto startup the "Click here to join meeting" link will work every time, as long as I'm the one to actually start teams.

If I sign out and back in while allowing teams to auto start(checking the box in settings) then the link will throw the error regarding not able to open teams.

The only solution I can think of is to set each profile to not autostart after first run. Which is a horrible way to do things but if anyone else has any input that would be great.