SOLVED

Teams does not refresh members information from Office 365 admin center

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi everyone,

I recently (about 2 days ago) updated my Company's members information (Office phones/Job titles/etc.) in the Microsoft 365 admin center. Everything went well as usual and all information are now correct.

The only issue is that those information are not refreshed in the Desktop Teams Version neither the Web Teams Version.

Is there a way to force the refresh ? Or is there a refresh rate, and if so, what is it ?

Thank you for reading.

Kind Regards,

Theodore

18 Replies
Highlighted
No, there is no way to force this refresh as It's supposed to happen smoothly behinds the scenes
Highlighted

Thank you for your answer.

So is this a bug ? How could I make this work ?

Highlighted
Best Response confirmed by Théodore Guillot (New Contributor)
Solution
Are you sure it's not updating in the web version? Teams cache usually can be reset by logging out of Teams client and log back in to force update, otherwise there is a directory you can flush, but if you say it's not updating in the web then something else seems to be an issue.

Are you in a 365 only tenant and not hybrid joined with Azure AD connecting your AD?
Highlighted

Thank you for your answer ! I signed out and it indeed forced the refresh.

For the web version I tryed again in incognito mode, and it now worked. Maybe the support did something since I called them today about this issue.

Highlighted

Hi @Théodore Guillot ,

What directory are you referring to that can be flushed?

Highlighted

Having the same issue. Signing out does not refresh. I made changes about 3 days ago and still has not updated in teams online or desktop.

Highlighted

Hi @Théodore Guillot 

Click on "Organization" and come back it will update 

Highlighted

@alexatcls 

To manually clear cache in the Microsoft Teams desktop app:

- Close and exit all the way out of Teams

- Using File Explorer, navigate to %AppData%\Microsoft\Teams

- Delete all files in this folder

Highlighted

We recently changed a user's email address and cannot get the update to reflect on the user's contact card that appears in Microsoft Teams (Desktop and Web app). There are no references to the old email address anywhere in Active Directory. If we change other information such as Title, Office Number or Telephone number, those changes are reflected on Teams contact cards after AD sync and clearing cache. The email address change will not update on Teams contact cards. The new email is showing in the Teams admin portal. It shows up in Exchange Online and Azure AD. Just not on contact cards when you hover over the user's name. I believe this to be a bug but cannot confirm.

Highlighted

@tc173 

Anyone had any luck with this? I did the same edits - cleaned it all up -verified AD/Exchange, etc are all "reading from the SAME CONTACT DATA". Teams shows a mixed bag of update states - Some users - all fields updated. Others - Department, Title updated but phone numbers didn't - others no fields updated at all. I have logged on to Web version - Desktop, etc. with varied results on each. I have logged out/in/out/in - no dice. Even the mobile APP is inconsistent. If someone has solved it (and it looks like a long standing problem) I would love to know the solution. Someone mentioned something about "LOCAL SETTINGS" overriding AD Contact data - but I have no idea where those are or how they get edited/removed to let AD take over.. 

Highlighted

@jmarkfarrington 

Did you find a solution?  I'm having the same issue on 3 users I just updated.

Highlighted

@tc173 Thanks for the idea, tc173 - do I have to clear both folders: Teams in Local and Teams in Roaming?

Thanks for your suggestion

Highlighted
Slow to respond..
It eventually worked but I don’t know when or how ! We don’t make edits often so we
Are good now .. but it just showed
Up one day !
Sorry I don’t have the solution!
Highlighted

Ya. I am facing the same issue. I have updated the profile information via Admin center. But teams still shows the old name. Tried sign-out-sign-in, incognito mode but nothing happened. Any idea?

@jmarkfarrington 

Highlighted

@arunkumkumath As I said - I did all those things as well as suggestions on this board.. could not determine that anything I did made a difference.. then after a week or so went back in and looked and boom - they were all synched. Dont know what made it happen!

Highlighted

Hmm. Thank you @jmarkfarrington 

As you said it may happen automatically after a week.

Highlighted

Amazing after over two years this is still an issue with no fix!  There seems to be no rime or reason as to what users get updated and when.  Some of my users were updated most were not.  We are using AD with Azure Sync.  I get calls daily from people saying my information is not right in Teams.  

Highlighted

Is there still not fix for this?