Teams Direct Routing

Copper Contributor

Hi,

Is it possible to create two Policies under direct routing and add 1 SBC in one policy and 1 in another, then assign 1policy to user abc and 1 policy to user xyz.

Exmaple-

Direct  Routing - Voice Route Name - Test 1  (SBC - test1.abc.com) - Map this with user abc

Direct Routing - Voice Route Name - Test 2  (SBC - test2.lab.abc.com( - Map this with user xyz

1 Reply

@jas89 

Absolutely, this is how pstn usages, voice routing policies, and voice policies can be combined.  For example:

Set-CsOnlinePstnUsage -Identity Global -Usage @{add='Route1'}
Set-CsOnlinePstnUsage -Identity Global -Usage @{add='Route2'}

New-CsOnlineVoiceRoute -Name 'Route1Number' -NumberPattern '\+15555555555' -OnlinePstnUsages 'Route1' -OnlinePstnGatewayList 'test1.abc.com'
New-CsOnlineVoiceRoute -Name 'Route2Number' -NumberPattern '\+15555555555' -OnlinePstnUsages 'Route2' -OnlinePstnGatewayList 'test2.lab.abc.com'

New-CsOnlineVoiceRoutingPolicy -Identity 'Route1Policy' -OnlinePstnUsages @('US-Local','US-Long-Distance','Route1Number')
New-CsOnlineVoiceRoutingPolicy -Identity 'Route2Policy' -OnlinePstnUsages @('US-Local','US-Long-Distance','Route2Number')

Grant-CsOnlineVoiceRoutingPolicy -Identity 'user1' -PolicyName 'Route1Policy'
Grant-CsOnlineVoiceRoutingPolicy -Identity 'user2' -PolicyName 'Route2Policy'

In this case, I created 2 new PSTN Usages called Route1 and Route2, but name them whatever you want that makes sense.  Then define your voice route for the number you want, assign it to the associated PSTN usages, and the respective gateways.  Then your policies, which is a combination of PSTN Usages you want to use, in my example I have US-Local, US-Long-Distance, and my newly created one.  Finally assign it to the respective user.