Teams Direct routing - question around: Get-CsCallingLineIdentity

Copper Contributor

Hi All,

I hope you can help with a question, I have searched the documentation and haven't found an answer as of yet. 

I am about to setup our teams direct routing within our environment and we have a few groups that require a specific number be pushed out per team. 

I can easily set a CLID policy like the below:

New-CsCallingLineIdentity -Identity *policyname* -Description "the description duh" -CallingIDSubstitute *Number* -EnableUserOverride $false

Then I will apply the policy per user in said teams.

But I cannot see if this applies to numbers gained for Microsoft directly or not. I currently have numbers from a 3rd party, but I am not in a position to test this from my own user just yet. 

So my question is: Does this policy apply solely on numbers gained direct from Microsoft, or does it work with 3rd party numbers also?

Thanks,

Some tech called John

1 Reply

Just an update on this, the number needs to be in the BVD (business voice directory) to be able to be used with the CsCallingLineIdentity command. This only happens with numbers bought/ported into Microsoft. 

This is probably by design so you can only present out numbers that you are confirmed to own. 

Going to try raise a ticket to see if I prove the numbers are owned by the company I am setting this up for if they can whitelist this for the BVD. 

If in doubt you can use the outbound call manipulation on the SBC to amend certain DDI's or all DDI's via a rule on the source username part.