Teams Desktop App Updates

Copper Contributor

According to Teams Desktop, I currently have version 1.3.00.12058 (32 bit) and was last updated on 12th May. A colleague of mine has version 1.3.00.13565 (32 bit) and was last updated on 2nd June. When I check for updates, nothing seems to happen.

The thing is I have background settings, and he doesn't, even though mine is less uptodate than his.

I'm at a bit of a loss as to why this is!

Can anyone help? 

8 Replies

Hi,

The client is not relevant for new features, new features are released server side so you can have different versions on different clients but still see the same new features.

Wait a couple of days more and you will probably get 1.3.00.13565 when you update your client, no reason to force that update.

@MarkGuest Just want to add that sometimes a manual sign out / sign in using the Teams app can quicken appearance of new features, especially as you're on the same tenant, meaning it has been rolled out for you.

BTW. Do you and your colleague have the same type of computer? The issue that he can't see use background effects can be related to hardware, something called AVX2 is required (that is a feature in the CPU). But if he can use background blur that is probably not the issue.

@Linus Cansby  Not sure what his PC is, but it is likely to be different. He doesn't have the option to background blur either. It doesn't show on the join meeting screen or on the 3 dot menu.

@ChristianBergstrom Thanks I'll get him to try that

@Linus Cansby I have gone to the check for updates several times but it has never changed the version or last updated date, so not sure what is going on with it

@MarkGuest Could be hardware then as Linus pointed out, attaching this for reference https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/hardware-requirements-for-the-teams-app

@Linus Cansby Interestingly, signing out and back in has updated my version. Odd.