SOLVED

Teams Desktop App on Win 10 longer recognizes virtual cameras (like Logi Capture) since July update.

Copper Contributor

The Teams desktop app on Windows 10 no longer recognizes virtual cameras (like Logi Capture) since July update.

You can only connect to the physical camera device.

There is information out there about this problem on the Macs, but nothing I found on Windows so I figured I would post something here.

Just like the Mac problem, you can still access virtual cameras (like Logi Capture) thorugh a web browser like Chrome.

Microsoft has been working on this for the macs for several weeks now.

Microsoft is there a fix coming soon and are you aware that it affects the Windows 10 platform in addition to Macs?

Please fix ASAP Microsoft! 

4 Replies
best response confirmed by Rex_P (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi,

I have version 1.3.00.21956 of the Teams desktop client running in Windows 10 and I can use virtual webcams, both SnapCamera and ManyCams installed and they are working in Teams. 

I installed Logi Capture and can use it in Teams.

@Linus Cansby 

Thanks for the replies!

I had updated my Teams but was still only running version 1.3.00.19173.

I reinstalled and that got me to version 1.3.00.21759.

That seems to have resolved the issue.

Thanks again,

Rex

SOLVED!!! @Rex_P

I have just setup my new work laptop with logi capture and logi camera settings.  However, I was doing my head in as neither of these virtual cameras would in the MS Teams app.  They were appearing in the web version of MS Teams.  

On my home desktop PC I can select virtual cameras, logi and snap.  No problem. 

I am running the same version of teams on both PCs.   I have Microsoft Teams Version 1.3.00.21759 (64 bit).

So this is how I finally got MS Teams to list ALL virtual cameras.

I realised the only difference between both PC configurations was my laptop did not have the SNAP CAMERA app.  So, I installed it. Ran it, connected to my webcam, opened MS Teams and I could see the SNAP camera in settings.  After exiting settings then returning, ALL virtual cameras appeared in the camera settings drop down list. 

Happy days. 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Rex_P (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi,

I have version 1.3.00.21956 of the Teams desktop client running in Windows 10 and I can use virtual webcams, both SnapCamera and ManyCams installed and they are working in Teams. 

View solution in original post