SOLVED

Teams Desk Phone - Call on hold hangs up with handset

Steel Contributor

I've experienced this frustrating issue on two different Teams desk phones from different manufacturers over the past few months as we've been piloting some new phones to replace our old Polycom VVX series devices.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Answer or place call on Teams desk phone
  2. Place call on hold
  3. Hang up handset
  4. Call is terminated as handset is placed

This also happens if the user hangs up the handset while in the transfer call menu. The only instance this doesn't happen is if the call is parked.

The expected behavior is that the call would continue to be on hold until the user picks the handset back up, presses the 'resume call' button, or the transfer is complete.

I have submitted feedback using the in-phone 'report an issue' link back when we first experienced the issue, however it is still an issue and has not been resolved, so I'm posting here to hopefully raise awareness and get some traction. I have also created this issue on uservoice: https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/908686-bug-reports/suggestions/39282550-hanging-the-hand...

19 Replies
Hi,

I can confirm this, tested on a Audiocodes C450, and it works exactly as you describe. The only workaround is if you put the call on speaker first and then hang up the handset.

And if I run the same phone in Skype for Business mode it works as you want it to.

Have you talked to the manufacturers of the phones you are testing? They can have good contact with Microsoft.

@Linus Cansby I contacted Yealink when I first experienced the issue a few months ago and they recommended that I leave feedback with Microsoft

C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

I'll contact Crestron and see if they are interested in addressing this with Microsoft.

Crestron is using a rebranded Yealink phone, so it is the same device. 

After opening a support ticket with Crestron and waiting weeks to hear anything back, they basically said "Yes, what you describe is what happens. Can we help you with anything else before we close this ticket?".

So I'm back here, trying to get Microsoft's attention on the issue.

@Stephan Swinford still happening on Yealink T58A with latest firmware from Feb 24th.

Did anyone provide a solution other than workaround with speaker phone?

Today I deployed a system to a client and they had several calls all come in, I witnessed they placed on hold (3 calls successfully placed on hold) and lost all due to placing the handset on the hookswitch.

@ekamien Nope, still occurring with me and I haven't had much luck with support at the device manufacturer either.

I opened a ticket with Microsoft, and also am pursuing support with the MFGR. We'll see what happens.

Just deployed Teams Voice today... Yealink MP56 behaves the same way; any updates?

Same goes for a Yealink T58 on Teams today!

Teams should not be in the marketplace with issues like these that never get resolved! All complaints seem to fall on de 

That should have ended "All complaints seem to fall on deaf ears!

@Stephan Swinford Just curious whether anyone has heard anything from MS on this issue. We have two different models of Poly Teams phones (CCX-500 and CCX-600) and they both exhibit this behavior: put call on hold, hang-up handset, call gets terminated.

Hoping maybe MS has come up with a fix that I just haven't heard of yet.

@Jason_Scott Nope, this issue still occurs on our phones. Though since it's happening on Poly as well as Yealink, I think it's definitely a Teams issue and not a firmware/manufacturer issue as MS "Support" tried to make it out to be.

We actually found a simple answer to all these issues.....We stopped selling Teams! Probably haven't installed one since I first posted in this thread in fact we have replaced many of the ones we did install.
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

It appears that this issue is finally resolved after a recent update (at least on my Yealink MP54). You should be able to put a call on hold and hang up the handset now without hanging up the call.

@Linus Cansby 

@ekamien 

@RossSivertsen 

@Jason_Scott 

@Stephan Swinford I ran into this issue today with a user. The users device is up to date on all Teams software/firmware, with the exception of the Teams App.  What version is your MP54 running?

@MDunphy 

Teams App 1449/1.0.94.2022090705
Firmware 122.15.0.91

Thank You, I did some testing on my test phone and didn't have a drop call. I updated my users phone and waiting to do a test.

@MDunphy  mine is still doing this even though everything is up to date.

@716taxprep So you're running Teams App 1449/1.0.94.2022090705.  Is there a firmware update for your phone?  I know my customers are using Yealink MP56.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

It appears that this issue is finally resolved after a recent update (at least on my Yealink MP54). You should be able to put a call on hold and hang up the handset now without hanging up the call.

@Linus Cansby 

@ekamien 

@RossSivertsen 

@Jason_Scott 

View solution in original post