Teams Derived Trunk PS Configuration

Copper Contributor

I've seen several posts on this topic but none of them seem to work in our environment:

Carrier Tenant

sbc01.us-west1.teams.carrier.io

Customer Tenant

1234.sbc01.us-west1.teams.carrier.io

That all works fine if I create the OnlinePSTNGateway in the customer tenant.  My understanding though, is that I can simply specify the carrier FQDN during Set-CsOnlineVoiceRoute.  However, when I do that, the customer tenant complains that it can't find the carrier SBC.

PS C:\Windows\system32> get-csonlinesipdomain

Name                                      Status 
----                                      ------ 
11001446.sbc01.us-south1.teams.carrier.io Enabled
11001446.sbc01.us-west1.teams.carrier.io  Enabled
tenant.net                                 Enabled
tenant.onmicrosoft.com                     Enabled

PS C:\Windows\system32> Set-CsOnlineVoiceRoute -id "Domestic" -NumberPattern ".*" -OnlinePstnGatewayList sbc01.us-west1.teams.carrier.io -OnlinePstnUsages "Carrier"
Cannot find specified Gateway "sbc01.us-west1.teams.carrier.io".
    + CategoryInfo          : InvalidArgument: (Description=;Nu...*;Name=Domestic:OnlineRoute) [Set-CsOnlineVoiceRoute], ArgumentException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CustomValidationFailed,Microsoft.Rtc.Management.Internal.SetOnlineVoiceRouteCmdlet
    + PSComputerName        : api.interfaces.records.teams.microsoft.com

2 Replies

Hi,

I guess that the "sbc01.us-west1.teams.carrier.io" is a SBC that is provided by your carrier and they are using something called Super Trunk, that means that they have one trunk for all their customers between themselves and Microsoft.

So the high level setup for you would be:

1. Add us-west1.teams.carrier.io as a domain in your Office 365 tenant. You have to send some DNS information to your carrier so they can add it in their DNS.
  2. Verify the domain and add a users with any license (E1, E3, E5) and that new domain in their username.
  3. Add PSTN Usage (New-CsOnlinePstnUsage), VoiceRoute (New-CsOnlineVoiceRoute),  VoiceRoutePolicys (New-CsOnlineVoiceRoutingPolicy) and Calling Policy (New-CsTeamsCallingPolicy)
  4. Assign VoiceRoutePolicy (Grant-CsOnlineVoiceRoutingPolicy ) and Calling Policy (Grant-CsTeamsCallingPolicy) to a user and Enable Enterprise Voice with a LineURI (Set-CsUser).