SOLVED

Teams copy folders to a new team

Copper Contributor

Hi 

I wanted to know if its possible to setup a Team and use it as a template for new teams and chanels.

Im using teams for PM work and currently have to create a new team for a new project, but have to create the whole project folder structure and documents within said folders for every new project, this takes time and is rather annoying, any ideas?

5 Replies

@Nickruther Hi, have a look at the Teams custom templates.

Create a custom team template in Microsoft Teams - Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Docs

Btw, look to the left in the navigation bar as well to see other options such as "create a template from an existing team in Microsoft Teams". Note the preview/early release info though.

Hi @ChristianBergstrom I had a look at that but the company already has a folder structure in place which i want to keep.

How about create a template from an existing team?
best response confirmed by Nickruther (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@ChristianBergstrom I found a way to do it, create a folder structure with document templates however you need, then upload to your team and it copies all folders and files from your PC.

Hi Nickruther, how exactly did you do it? I have the same problem, but I don't understand your solution.
Regards, Arthur
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Nickruther (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@ChristianBergstrom I found a way to do it, create a folder structure with document templates however you need, then upload to your team and it copies all folders and files from your PC.

View solution in original post